Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on my first Harley, a Dyna Superglide, and been lurking here for a while. Never bought into the herd mentality that seems be part of the Harley culture but bought the bike to find out what all the ye hah was about. Found out that HD, through accident or marketing prowess, has managed to take advantage of a subculture that has grown around their brand. The bike itself is almost secondary.

For me the bike is primary and I'm looking to move on, maybe to a Victory. I hate being identified with a herd. :D

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I hear what you're saying. The timing was right for me when I started thinking of going to a bagger/tourer bike. Victory introduced the Cross bikes in 2010 and I went to a few demo truck events. I found the XC (Cross Country) was the best fit for me.

I looked at the Motor Co. to, but I knew I didn't want to run with the rest of the sheep either.

If you haven't already, go over to your nearest Vic dealer and "kick the tires."

cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I went by the dealer and like what I saw. He couldn't give me what I need for the Dyna so it's for sale. All the hype about Harley resale may be just that.

I think I may go for a nice used Kingpin.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
superglide test ride disappointing

got an 06 1200 sporty with many upgrades, got the bug and tested a 13 superglide, bike looks good but thats it! poor suspension + brakes as usual, also not a harley "guy" but a motorcyclist! i love my 2012 bonneville for local riding, great lightweight easy handling, been looking into vic's as well!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts