1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
You could pray as well :)

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
I'd definitely take the Magnum over the Street Glide. The price on both of them are kinda low for late model bikes; especially the Magnum.

I bet the guy getting out of the Army is bummed he has to sell it.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
My transition out of the the Army wouldn't put me out of a bike! I money was tight, I would find a way. I have been on two wheels most of my life and that's not about to change.

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
My transition out of the the Army wouldn't put me out of a bike! I money was tight, I would find a way. I have been on two wheels most of my life and that's not about to change.
I agree with this if the bike was paid for. If I were making fairly high payments w/insurance; maybe not unless I had a job to go to. If full time school was where I was going; another bike can be had in the future.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really surprised someone would buy a 2015 just to turn around and have to sell it.

I do understand how life can change our plans. I had to wait quite a long time before I could get my first bike. I couldn't rationalize owning with so many other financial priorities.

Once we get the kids situated and on their own, me and mommy are gonna play. yippee!!! Wait! She is gonna want this and that... never mind. :frown

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe you can say, ok, you get this and I get that. :D

Already told her... 'that' was a new bike! I told her I was keeping the vegas forever. Then I saw 'that' and 'that' was a M109r on CL with only 6500 miles on od.

Of course I was just kidding with her... but I always get itchy after having a bike for a year. Not bored. I just like swappin. Vegas is by far fav and easiest of all to maintain.

The Vegas has been the best $$ I've spent. She puts out ok I just... I don't know... I just like shiny stuff. :devil

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
Trust me Dill. I do understand. In the past I have made some impulse buys and regretted it later. If I could retrieve all the money I wasted on impulse buys in regard to motorcycles I could buy a brand new Chieftain.

My 04 is a keeper too. It will most likely be with me until I can no longer ride. I just like it that much. It will undergo changes over the years just like it already has.

One thing you can do, as you can afford it, is to change things up on your bike a bit to make it feel different and kinda new to you. Different handlebars are a good way to do that. Maybe look for a front wheel you can use to put a fatter tire on to give a more beefy front end look. Do these type things with used parts so you aren't breaking the bank. It's amazing what you can do for not that much money if you're patient and keep looking for the deals on ebay and the various forum classifieds. I'm sure you know all this already. Just a reminder.

I recently installed a black sissy bar and like the way it looks but now the chrome bars look out of place so I can either chrome the sissy bar or change out the handlebars for black ones. I happen to have a set of Highball black bars I picked up used at a fair price some time back so they will go on soon to see how I like that set up. The worst thing that could happen is I don't like them and the chrome ones will go back on. All part of the fun.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok! Here is the plan.

I am gonna get a chrome rear pulley. A new back tire. Front shocks rebuilt. Front and back brake fluids and adjusted. Throttle body cleaned. Oil change. Paint touch ups. Brake/clutch lubed. Cleaned and oiled big sucker filter not long ago so it is good to go.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Already told her... 'that' was a new bike! I told her I was keeping the vegas forever. Then I saw 'that' and 'that' was a M109r on CL with only 6500 miles on od.

Of course I was just kidding with her... but I always get itchy after having a bike for a year. Not bored. I just like swappin. Vegas is by far fav and easiest of all to maintain.

The Vegas has been the best $$ I've spent. She puts out ok I just... I don't know... I just like shiny stuff. :devil
uploadfromtaptalk1447283037909.jpg

M109R LE bad azz

uploadfromtaptalk1447283153895.jpg

New stable mate pick up tomorrow.
Yeah baby!

⤴THOM ⤵ sent from my portable brain toaster

1 - 13 of 13 Posts