Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Ninja, 300 horse out of the box... 300 horse.

Just saying.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
$65k for the track only model, don't think Kawi will be selling too many of them, but a supercharged factory bike is good for everyone!

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
A 12000 rpm supercharger bolted on to their already potent 1000 cc sports bike engine- yep that's serious. And a tubular frame. A hark back to the 70s for Kawasaki actually.

Interestingly of the Jap 4 Kawasaki are quite strong in the USA, bigger than Yamaha, not Honda who's top dog right? Worldwide they are third behind Yamaha with Suzuki last. Here they are a distant 3rd, with Honda and Yamaha always vying for first. So with this bike it's like they are flexing their total industrial muscle.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Other than the fact the bike looks like a transformer, I'm intrigued by it. Not to mention I'm a lifelong team green fan (my last 3 bikes being Kawi's!) I've always liked the fact that they are not afraid to try something new, with Kawasaki they are always trying to out muscle the competition....

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Haha...yeah- looks strange, but then so does the new R1, which I really like having had 2 of them before......as well as liking the Honda, which I've also had (Fireblade)- but funny no Kawi coz they are just not that popular here.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Before I switched to Vic , I bought a brand new 2008 ZX-10R Ninja , I put 18,000 miles on . It was an absolute BEAST ! I think that was about 180HP I CANT EVEN FATHOM 300HP !:crzy::crzy::crzy:

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Got a photo Mags? Just curious coz I bet you blinged it to the max :)

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Sure , I will put a few up tonight . Man , that thing was a ROCKET !

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
The street version was claimed just under 200 hp but the article I read a couple weeks back says it's higher than 200 hp stock! My last bike was a 09 zx6r Ninja and it was a beast @115ish hp range yet alone a litre bike....

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ninja h2

I saw a price of 50K on their website to order one. Will be going to the bike show in Long Beach this weekend, hope to see this in person and also take a demo ride on the new Indian Scout.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
And no I did not add the Monster (****) to my bike above, it was a special Monster edition straight from the factory. It also had a full Akrapovic EVO Ti race system on it, man I miss that bike!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I almost went with the 600 , but glad I opted for the Litre Bike .:D I miss mine too , I miss my Hammer more to be honest .

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Now that I went back looking at pictures of the old beast I cannot understand why no one has came out with a Titanium exhaust system for a cruiser (other than the price, that system was $2k) but looked hella awesome!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Very nice guys.....the glory days huh :)

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Very nice guys.....the glory days huh :)
Yup , I miss it for short blasts and some wheelie fun , but , its not comfy and I think I will live much longer without it .:D

·
Registered
289 Posts
And claimed top speed of 250mph on the track only R model. Anyone else notice that the "track only" bike still has head and tail lights?
There are no lights on the track only model, the price is $50K and the supercharger winds to 120K not 12K.

Will it really make 300HP? I'm betting that's a little generous.

Good luck to Kawasaki though, I admire the chutzpah!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts