Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any experience with servicing motorcycle tires with nitrogen? Nitrogen in car tires is great, just don't know if it's ok in motorcycle tires. Thanks in advance for any comments.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Nitrogen filled tires

Simply, yes.....
The Nitrogen Filled Tire - Why people are putting Nitrogen in tires

Nitrogen filled tires Explained

Benefits of Nitrogen in tires

* Nitrogen maintains tire pressure longer than oxygen
* The Rubber in the inside of the Tire lasts longer
* Better gas mileage for you vehicle
* Safer for the environment

Q&A in regards to NO2 Tires

* Why does nitrogen maintain tire pressure better than standard O2?

* Oxygen molecules are much smaller and leak 3 to 4 times faster through the tire.

* Does the inside of the tire last longer? Since there is no oxygen and no vapor your tires inside should not corrode.

* Why does the Nitrogen Filled Tire result in better gas mileage? It is already known that properly pumped tires helps in tire resistance, putting nitrogen in the tires help them remain properly inflated.

* How is it safer for the environment? When the vehicle uses less gas per mile it helps to limit that amount of gas leaked into the atmosphere.
A local dealer here does it for $10.00 per tire.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: nitrogen

Thanks,toejam. I'm in Minneapolis and it's starting to get cool in the morning; I'm getting tired of checking tire pressure every couple of days. Think I'll go with nitrogen as long as there's no related negative safety issues.

·
13,262 Posts
nitrogen for tires

Stock cars use nitrogen have been for years.
They say your air compressor in the garage puts out 70% nitrogen but a 100% would be way better. If you put the nitrogen in I would wait till spring.
If you don't tell the bike tires what your putting I don't think you would have any problem. thumb up

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have had nitrogen in all the bikes I have owned the last 5 years and all the autos I have had the last few years also. The local tire shop here charges $4 per tire, bike or auto.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just remember the air we breath is 78% Nitrogen... I'm just sayin.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Just remember the air we breath is 78% Nitrogen... I'm just sayin.
Yeah, it's important to remember that you're not going from oxigen to nitrogen, but rather from 78% nitrogen to 100% nitrogen. Is it better? Yes! Will you tell the difference? You will, because it will be in your head that you're riding on nitrogen, and nobody can touch you. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts