Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just going through some old dyno graphs and found this gem.

This is my old 2000 Sport Cruiser with a stock 92" motor. The transmission was about out of it so we bolted on some nitrous to speed up the process a bit (I had a bigger motor I wanted to swap into it). Boy what a fun bike! Never did ruin that tranny, but a couple more 35hp shots and the head gasket blew.

Anyway, fun stuff, just thought I'd share cheers

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Holy hell! :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
that was a nice lookin bike.

·
Registered
640 Posts
DAMN ! Somebody likes to go fast..Ricky Bobby..thumb up

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Sorry to ask as you are the Orical of Victory, but how about a HHO Generator connected into your Torque Tubes

I am not talking about saving fuel, I am actually talking about the NOS tube into the TT so the PC-5 will stay the same, just adding GAS of HHO

I believe it will boost power and keep the engine in 1 piece as the fuel burned will be the same..... just the bike is 15 to 20% more power??

:D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I doubt the bike would generate enough electricity to run a hydrolysis machine, but when you bring me yours to experiment with then we'll be the first to know!

Here is a picture of Lloydz Torque Tubes plumbed up with N20. This particular bike was a 114 stroker that ran 150hp on the bottle (135 without). The owner claimed he shot the nitrous twice after I built it, and was too scared to do it again :p

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
OK just imagine the bike would generate enough electricity, then would you consider the possibility ?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5BUZ2uGQfU

not that this is the solution, but they do write that the amps needed to generate HHO is extremely small

io am definitely mot comparing NOS to HHO just introducing HHO into Torque Tubes as a GAS additive.... so you would gain MUCH more power at IDLE then at TOP speed.... if you get my "drift"

·
Registered
477 Posts
I love the bottle on cars but I'd be scared to death with it on a bike.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
I love the bottle on cars but I'd be scared to death with it on a bike.
Scared?

A small triangle at the back of each hull and a propeller was all that was in the water. The boat started dancing from hull to hull... at times the propeller was ALL that was in the water. 110+ mph, at night, under a bridge... That made me 'uneasy'.

As far as nitrous goes, blowing a head gasket over 107 HP? Count me out. The bottle never runs out on a 104" big bore and it'll easily make more than 107 HP. Just sayin'

·
Registered
477 Posts
Scared?

A small triangle at the back of each hull and a propeller was all that was in the water. The boat started dancing from hull to hull... at times the propeller was ALL that was in the water. 110+ mph, at night, under a bridge... That made me 'uneasy'.

As far as nitrous goes, blowing a head gasket over 107 HP? Count me out. The bottle never runs out on a 104" big bore and it'll easily make more than 107 HP. Just sayin'
Scared? Yessir, I've had pre throttle body nitrous foggers actually freeze a throttle body in the WOT position before, not good in a car, really bad on a bike, lol! On the other hand the power nut in me is scared of the addiction, I LOVE nitrous!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Well....If were talking Nitrous bikes I have a Warrior with a 40 HP hit...Really fun to ride. . .so much so I bought extra bottles.

Check it out
:not worthy: : not worthy: : not worthy:

·
Banned
471 Posts
:not worthy: : not worthy: : not worthy:
Thanks. . . I guess. . . :crzy:

I would have a bigger shot if I could retard the timing some way. But on the Warrior it is not possible.

Regardless It is setup to work only at WOT over 3K. Shift at 5K so its only a quick shot. That and using the Pingle electric shifter at the same time can be a challenge. . . Hit the shifter button then the NOS button back to the shifter button...then... well you get the idea.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I cant imagine 110 mph on a boat. Been 75mph on a Checkmate and that was fast enough. My son just bought a Sea Doo GTR supercharged yesterday. Supposed to run 0 to 60 in 4 sec's. The after mkt claims 90mph speeds on these things with minor mods. 60 plus stock. That's fast on the water on just a small watercraft. With these rides its all about X celleration. Cant wait to ride it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Man its been years since we had a bike with nitrous. It was a Boss Hoss with the basic Chevy ZZ4 350. We added a bigger carb and a 100HP shot of NOS. This is a crappy picture of the bike but it's the only one that I've got. There is nothing quite like the sound of a V-8 on a motorcycle. Man that bike was cool....

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was just going through some old dyno graphs and found this gem.

This is my old 2000 Sport Cruiser with a stock 92" motor. The transmission was about out of it so we bolted on some nitrous to speed up the process a bit (I had a bigger motor I wanted to swap into it). Boy what a fun bike! Never did ruin that tranny, but a couple more 35hp shots and the head gasket blew.

Anyway, fun stuff, just thought I'd share cheers
****, just bought a victory to try and wein myself off the NOS and now I read this!
I've a feeling next winter is really gonna hurt my wallet.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do most guys run a dry system? Coming from the LS world, I've always favored a wet system to stay completely stand-alone, instead of either relying on the MAF/IAT or running a 2-tune switch to retard timing and add fuel.

The few pics I've seen of N2O on Vic have them plumbed in the TT's just before the throttle body... I'm assuming those also utilize a fuel controller for when the system is armed?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Do most guys run a dry system? Coming from the LS world, I've always favored a wet system to stay completely stand-alone, instead of either relying on the MAF/IAT or running a 2-tune switch to retard timing and add fuel.

The few pics I've seen of N2O on Vic have them plumbed in the TT's just before the throttle body... I'm assuming those also utilize a fuel controller for when the system is armed?
Running a wet system would add a huge extra cost and complexity of a secondary fuel system. We just add a controller that will add the needed fuel using stock injectors. Very few people exceed the limit of the stock injectors so there is no need to take it further.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts