Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've talked to Rylan at Vic shop about a 116 kit, too high maintenance. Did see his dyno chart on a fairly stock bike with the NOS added. 152 tq at 3500 rpm! That's just pure American fun right there. Ya know... Just for the occassional drag race:) Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts

·
13,003 Posts
had NOS on a couple Harley's back when and its unreal. Use to race guys for $100 bucks no money no race. Doing whatever speed if you by there back wheel and hit the button you're in front of them all most right now. Its like driving your car and hit passing gear when ever you want it.
If you do NOS you need a 50 pound bottle of NOS so you can fill up your little bottle when you need it. Believe me you will run out on saturday night and have none for sunday. A good bathroom scale for weighing the bottle. If you have no 50 pound bottle you'll need 3 little bottles. You run out at the worst time.

You can only push the button when you're getting on the gas if you don't you'll get a backfire and in this case blow the throttle body of the manifold. So tow truck.

As much as I like NOS doing cams is better in the long run you would have more money. 116 we just get you a lot of tickets

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was only looking at this as an occasional thing. Not for the dragstrip really. Just a 3rd & 4th gear happy button for the unsuspecting Harley.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I was only looking at this as an occasional thing. Not for the dragstrip really. Just a 3rd & 4th gear happy button for the unsuspecting Harley.
Unsuspecting Harley? What bike do you have? Mine seems to do very well against MOST Harley's already (the whole 106 CI thing an all, compared to most newer Harley's 96 or 103 CI) with wife and I and trunk, and REALLY well when I have no trunk nor wife with. I certainly would not want to ride around ready to hit a button that COULD turn my 106 into a grenade. Not saying it will happen, just that it could.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
You got bigger fish to fry right now buddy ...:nanana:

·
13,003 Posts
no such thing as occasional. you'll use it more than you think.
4th and 5th would be better choise

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I meant 4th and 5th actually. 3rd would run out of steam too quickly.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I already have all the external engine goodies you can put on these things. Work with 2 guys that have fairly new 103 Harleys and I can barely pull away.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Booty...can I have your clutch after you hand grenade your top end? :grin

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've talked to Rylan at Vic shop about a 116 kit, too high maintenance. Did see his dyno chart on a fairly stock bike with the NOS added. 152 tq at 3500 rpm! That's just pure American fun right there. Ya know... Just for the occassional drag race:) Thoughts?
What is high maintenance about a 116 ?

I have 32,000 miles on my 116 SC Hammer .....Lloyd pulled the piston out this winter ( to replace with new 129" piston ) and the 116 piston and sleeves looked just perfect .....

Peter

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I have A juice bottle on my CCT .
Had Lloydz do it while I was getting the tour cams installed and clutch pack
He put it on the Dyno 118 HP and 119 TQ he hit the button and the room shook 133 Hp 142 TQ
It has a twenty shot nozzle he said I could change to a 30 if I wanted
It's a blast to have it when you want it .....

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
What is high maintenance about a 116 ?

I have 32,000 miles on my 116 SC Hammer .....Lloyd pulled the piston out this winter ( to replace with new 129" piston ) and the 116 piston and sleeves looked just perfect .....

Peter
Holy crap! That thing is going to be a beast.

·
13,003 Posts
keep in mind NOS has its bad side like blowing head gaskets.
Or if you don't give it gas and hit the NOS and get back fire you'll stretch the 4 cylinder studs. Then the motor will be down for big repairs

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
Interested in where you got your "high maintenance"??
Bigger bore is a tried and true method of consistent reliable power.
Nitrous rush is short lived.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
NOS you can do yourself U$D 500 .... And send your speed limiter to Lloyd's & buy a NOS bottle. ... Total U$D under 1000

Big bore & Turbo & Supercharged you need a lot more U$D and many runs on the DYNO .... Let's call it U$D 8000

I completely agree BigBore is the way to go, but for some it is impossible to get it .... Sad but true ....

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
NOS you can do yourself U$D 500 .... And send your speed limiter to Lloyd's & buy a NOS bottle. ... Total U$D under 1000

Big bore & Turbo & Supercharged you need a lot more U$D and many runs on the DYNO .... Let's call it U$D 8000

I completely agree BigBore is the way to go, but for some it is impossible to get it .... Sad but true ....

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum
WHY?....impossible??....I can get it here...no reason you cant...
You fitted your own cams didn't you?
Whack nitrous on and you'll be stripping it down anyway mate, you're like me BP you'd be 'on the button' all the time!
End up having a meltdown:|
Bore and cams around 2k US (you already got the cams)
No substitute for cubic inches, however way you feed em is optional.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
Good one MbX .... But no DYNO here .... A BigBore would need a DYNO right ??

Soooo that's a good point made by MbX & VJ .... If anybody put NOS then sure "minor" problems would be coming ....

Also if you only put a 20 HP setup in it ??

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

1 - 20 of 36 Posts