Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
no way they are gonna just give up , theyre makin too much money
You can't just read the headline. Polaris is making money. Vic ain't the reason. Motorcycles and snowmobiles TOGETHER only account for 15% of Polaris earnings. And while the motorcycle sector SALES grew, Vic sales were actually down year on year. And I've yet to see an accounting for what motorcycle profits are after the pile they paid to develop and market the Indians.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Per Vics website..... 15 models for 2014. 9 models for 2015. BIG reduction.

Jackpot gone. No surprise. Even with 2014 great paint scheme.
Boardwalk gone. No surprise. Never held a candle to the Kingpin it replaced.
Judge gone. No surprise. Gunner and Highball make it not needed.
Vegas 8-Ball only. Probably last year? Who knows. Need entry level, but the new WET bikes will take over.
Hammer 8-Ball. Almost certain that this will be last year.

Vics going to aluminum frame trouring bikes and steel frame WET bikes. I see touring bikes being phased out with the tour packs and body panels on the new Indians.

Start of an era, or beginning of the end ???

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hope they stay around and stay different . The Indians are nice but if I wanted retro looks I would have stayed with the Yami Roadstars , the best looking vtwin on any bike

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I own a 2012 Cross Country Tour...best bike I ever owned...PERIOD! I admit I would have liked to have seen a few "new" innovations with the XCT line of bikes, but I also am NOT interested in purchasing a new bike either. So, it's kinda bittersweet for me.

As for the comments about the reduction of bikes this year... I believe its due to supply and demand. Even on these forums...I see more posts with the Crossbikes (baggers) and touring models. This is even bore out on the number of posts in the forums with the Cross bikes having 10 TIMES more posts than any other model. Even the TV programs have DITCHED the choppers and now feature more BAGGER builds.

I can understand some disappointment over the baggers and tour bikes not having much of a change...not so much with the non-baggers though.

·
Registered
427 Posts
They will get down to probably 5-6 models. the Xbikes, visions, gunner, hammer, and some type of crossover.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I will be in the market next Spring for a new bike. I will not be buying a 2015 Vic... Why? Nothing's changed. I might as well buy a 2014 & save money. I want either a Xtour or Vison.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I were about 25 years younger Id probly be on a Vic Jackpot , I love the look and a lot of other people do too . So if vic doesn't have a fat tire bike people will go to Yami for a raider or a Honda or a Harley Breakout . They need bikes that compete with others and they need variety.

·
Registered
427 Posts
If I were about 25 years younger Id probly be on a Vic Jackpot , I love the look and a lot of other people do too . So if vic doesn't have a fat tire bike people will go to Yami for a raider or a Honda or a Harley Breakout . They need bikes that compete with others and they need variety.
The chopper craze has pretty much tanked. I'd be surprised if they sold 1000 jackpots last year. Just not worth the resources for low production model that already has the competition you mentioned.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I love the jackpot and the xr. I was hoping they would still be in production when I have the money to buy either one (or both). By the time I can afford it those bikes will be old :(

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I will be in the market next Spring for a new bike. I will not be buying a 2015 Vic... Why? Nothing's changed. I might as well buy a 2014 & save money. I want either a Xtour or Vison.
The new XC Magnum has lots of new changes.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Then you should be very happy by the 2015 lineup as you'll be saving some money.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Don't forget; Ma Vic usually comes out with a new model in January too.

I'm surprised they dropped the XR, and BW. Must not be selling. The JP and Judge wasn't too much of a surprise. The XR was the only true bagger. I consider a bagger a touring bike without a fairing. I guess the meaning has changed some over the years.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts