Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Recently purchased my first Victory, an 07 Kingpin Tour. Love the bike, can see why people are passionate about them. The only knock is that my wife and I went up north this weekend, and we found the stock seat to be a real pain! I have scanned the forum a bit, checked online, and also had my local Victory dealer check for seat options, but to no avail. Seems I keep running into seats for the Kingpin, but not for the Tour with the tour pack. Am I missing something, or can seats not be found for this bike? Love the bike, its a plush seat away from being outstanding.

Thanks in advance for any help, its a real pain!

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Hello everyone. Recently purchased my first Victory, an 07 Kingpin Tour. Love the bike, can see why people are passionate about them. The only knock is that my wife and I went up north this weekend, and we found the stock seat to be a real pain! I have scanned the forum a bit, checked online, and also had my local Victory dealer check for seat options, but to no avail. Seems I keep running into seats for the Kingpin, but not for the Tour with the tour pack. Am I missing something, or can seats not be found for this bike? Love the bike, its a plush seat away from being outstanding.

Thanks in advance for any help, its a real pain!
http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/76511/Wide-Touring-Two-Piece-Vintage-Seat-Victory-Kingpin-Vegas-8-Ball-No-Studs-No-Conchos

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gunslinger

I looked at that seat, but it calls out that it will not work with the tour pack on the Kingpin Tour, thus my challenge?

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Thanks Gunslinger

I looked at that seat, but it calls out that it will not work with the tour pack on the Kingpin Tour, thus my challenge?
It worked well on my '06 KP Tour for years.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, ok, so it bolted right on your Tour? That's great to know, I took it by the verbiage that it does not. Any modifications needed?

Thanks for the link and input.

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
There is no reason any kingpin seat won't work, you just won't need the sissy-bar part.

I have the stock KP Deluxe seat, the Victory Raven seat, The Victory Saddleman Solo seat, and a Corbin Dual Tour.

The Corbin is a one-piece seat and looks like this. The sissybar pulls right out:

My wife loves the Corbin... I hate it...

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Ah, ok, so it bolted right on your Tour? That's great to know, I took it by the verbiage that it does not. Any modifications needed?

Thanks for the link and input.
Let me clarify, my '06 KP was a Deluxe, not the Tour, and did not have the tour pack. It did have the Victory OEM backrest though, which I upgraded with the Mustang pad. I don't know why the tour pack would make a difference, unless the rear of the Mustang passenger seat has too much padding and would push up against the lower mount area of the tour pack. But the bolt patterns on the frame are identical.

I would think you could either squish the padding up to make it fit, or uncover the foam, do some trimming at the rear so it better matches the shape of the tour pack mount, and then recover. Again though, the bolt/mount pattern is the same on all KP's.

·
Registered
483 Posts
There is no reason any kingpin seat won't work, you just won't need the sissy-bar part.

I have the stock KP Deluxe seat, the Victory Raven seat, The Victory Saddleman Solo seat, and a Corbin Dual Tour.

The Corbin is a one-piece seat and looks like this. The sissybar pulls right out:

My wife loves the Corbin... I hate it...

Interesting looking saddlebags in those last 2 shots. What brand are they ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is a pic of my bike, I think that what I am seeing is that there are many seats available for the kingpins, but the tour has something different, maybe length of seat. Was hoping someone had an actual Tour that they upgraded the seat. I did talk with Mustang, they said the length may be shorter on the tour passenger seat, even though mounting is the same, and that is why they state is does not work with tour pack. Interesting how hard it is to find a seat for this particular model.

·
Premium Member
6,135 Posts
Success you did it .....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts