1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
We still have 2 stations that have Ethanol free gas

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
New York state has Stewarts gas and convenience stores. Their high test is going non ethanol.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Most of our Premiums here in OZ are free from ethanol and the equivalent of your 91 octane (cept its called 98 here)

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
A whole bunch of lakes here in East TN so lots of stations that sale ethanol free gas. Funny thing is that my bike gets better gas mileage and runs slightly better on name brand 10% ethanol 93 octane gas than the no name ethanol free 93 octane gas. Got every tank fill up on a spread sheet and the "ethanol free" stations are some of the worst gas mileage tanks.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Yet another reason to get out of NJ. Used to be able to get it across the border in NY state but those station's are selling ethanol now.

·
Registered
682 Posts
A whole bunch of lakes here in East TN so lots of stations that sale ethanol free gas. Funny thing is that my bike gets better gas mileage and runs slightly better on name brand 10% ethanol 93 octane gas than the no name ethanol free 93 octane gas. Got every tank fill up on a spread sheet and the "ethanol free" stations are some of the worst gas mileage tanks.

That's weird, my bike runs better on 89 non ethanol than it does on 93 w ethanol. The gas mileage is probably 2-3 mpg better with the non ethanol as well

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
like he said though"name brand" hes running a good branded corn gas, if he was running the same or similar good branded corn free his mpg would be better, you wont get better mpg out of ethanol

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
You can make more power though

doubtful out of 89 with ethanol, i have seen different builds done using ethanol, then to get more power they switched to race fuel. i personally avoid ethanol as much as possible, it takes more ethanol fuel to make the same power as less non. to get the same power out of say a race car with ethanol they burn more, kindof a waste if you ask me, corn is good for one thing, fattening up animals, other then that its garbage.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
doubtful out of 89 with ethanol, i have seen different builds done using ethanol, then to get more power they switched to race fuel. i personally avoid ethanol as much as possible, it takes more ethanol fuel to make the same power as less non. to get the same power out of say a race car with ethanol they burn more, kindof a waste if you ask me, corn is good for one thing, fattening up animals, other then that its garbage.
Yeah guys I know that run methanol race engines have BIG compression ratios, some combined with turbo or super chargers, they make lost of power at the expense of massive fuel consumption and the engines have a short life expectancy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts