Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Cross Country / stock 106 with glasspack mufflers
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been sitting on a Power Commander V for over a year, not wanting to install it because I don't have a laptop to upload a map. Is there any way to flash that thing with an iPad or iPhone, or copy the map to a flash drive or something?

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,663 Posts
Surely there is another Vic owner who could help you out by bringing a laptop or letting you borrow PC time.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
No neighbourhood kid with a laptop? How about checking to see if there's somebody that rents them in the area? Also, look online for a single guy computer repair that comes to your home like I use. Explain what you want and he may help you out for an hours fee.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
You can get a brand new low end laptop for less than $200!!! Is you Vic not worth it? You will need the laptop more than once if you are going to tweak the map or upload another one.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
you will have to buy a lap-top or borrow one.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK so a laptop is a must, got it. That seems antiquated somehow when everything's wireless anymore, but now that I know I can quit wondering and just work on getting ahold of one. Thanks for the input - you guys know everything as usual.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
If I lived closer I'd meet up with you.
Laptops are pretty cheap though as mentioned but I understand not wanting to buy for one thing.

Reactions: id-man

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I do not own a laptop either but do have a desktop and prefer one (yes, laugh all you want). When I had a tuner in my last bike I just bought a really long USB cord that I ran from my computer out to the garage.

Reactions: id-man and NAB

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I do not own a laptop either but do have a desktop and prefer one (yes, laugh all you want). When I had a tuner in my last bike I just bought a really long USB cord that I ran from my computer out to the garage.
Okay I laughed at the thought of some 50 foot USB cable coming out the house to garage. :)

For my bike I used the PVCX so I just take the device to the computer and plug it in. Not cool that DJ discontinued those.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just bought a really long USB cord that I ran from my computer out to the garage.
Genius :) I can park my bike right outside the window by my computer and would only need about a 10' USB cord. Amazon here I come LOL

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Suck it up and be a man. Put that bike on the carpet right next to the computer.
Women should expect that when they ask for french doors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts