Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
What size grip puppies? SM/LG or Goldwing ?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Worked great.

I tried the soapy water method and that just did not work. Then I tried the air compressor and that worked so slick. Literally 20 seconds and it was on!

Did not cut any off of the left grip, fit perfect, cut a 1/4" off of the throttle side.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have you used your grip heaters yet? Was wondering how they worked with the Grip Puppies installed. I had them on a different bike but did not have heated grips.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have grip puppies on my Vision & the heaters work just fine-not much difference if at all.
Well I know what my next purchased will be.
Thanks for the input

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ive used Grip Puppies in the past - work great......but they dont last very long under hard use. If they get the slightest tear in them they just split real easy.

......there are others out there, they all do the same thing.

So the best bet....buy several pair and buy them cheap.

Grip Puppies $10 a pair.

Shinhopples Foam Grip Covers are the same thing (Ive had them side by side) and cheaper......and get even cheaper in quantity.

http://www.shop.shinhopples.com/product.sc;jsessionid=DFDF475F135C3C4576557E76E5214B62.qscstrfrnt06?productId=1083&categoryId=103

1 pair $6.20
2 pair $11.90 (about what 1 pair of Puppies cost)
3 pair $16.35
4 pair $21.05 (about what 2 pair of Puppies cost)
5 pair $24.00

So if you have multiple bikes.....or wants spares THIS is the way to go.

Trust me nothing sucks worse then tearing one of these before a trip and not having a spare.

·
Registered
182 Posts
As nice as these are, the vision grips are already decent size. They do eliminate pretty much all vibration at the grip, which is very nice.

After about a week of using them I am starting to feel like I might not want them. I'm going to give them a month and see what I think then.

·
13,002 Posts
Never use soap and water cause it take a long time to dry

Use hair spray it will help them to slip on and drys like glue

·
Registered
257 Posts
Never use soap and water cause it take a long time to dry

Use hair spray it will help them to slip on and drys like glue
+1 Hairspray is the way to go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts