Any one in Idaho please go see them

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Wasn't that standard on the Ridley?

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
That is soo cool, just imagine if you have arthritis or a finger missing .... Or just wanne have ...

Verry nice ..... Good find VJ

·
Premium Member
732 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I'm all set , if I cant work a clutch lever life wont be worth living .:ride:

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I'm all set , if I cant work a clutch lever life wont be worth living .:ride:
Thanks for the post!
That's the boat I'm in.... I haven't been able to ride since 9/22 due to tendonitis/tennis elbow. I don't have enough grip strength to operate the clutch safely. On 9/22 I was coming to a stop, pulled in the clutch, and pain shot through my hand/forearm. I (uncontrollably) "popped" the clutch and almost dropped the bike. I barely made it home.
I wouldn't have been able to ride for the last year if it weren't for the easy pull, but now that isn't enough. I have surgery scheduled for next Wednesday and they say it will be 12 weeks till I am recovered :eek
Going to be off the bike for 5 months, and it's killing me.
There is a chance (15%) that I will never have full/proper use of that arm. If that is the case I would have to get rid of the bike. Now this could save me!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Now this could save me!
In your injured case , this would be a great product provided you have enough strength in your arm in a panic situation to not get yourself hurt . I merely meant I wouldn't get it just to make my life easier , clutching and shifting is one of the best parts of riding for me . Get well soon Brother .cheers

·
Registered
790 Posts
Almost the same story hear. About 5 years ago tore the tendon in my left arm to almost 80% detached. Was slowly going from sports and though it was tendonitis until... a 1,500 mile trip. Barely made it home, went for an MRI.

I went looking for something to help me shift when I was injured. Found nothing. Still have left hand pain particularly when on long trips, towns, or long varying twisties.

I'm going to look into this just so I have a choice when riding if my arm starts to ach.

EFM says tear the clutch out, send, turn around is 3-4 days. Wonder where I could find a cheap clutch so I wouldn't have the down time.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I had to see where you lived MTVic. I knew it had to be somewhere in the South. Yeah. A week without the bike is like an eternity during riding season.
But when you can ride year round is it ?

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
But when you can ride year round is it ?
I ride in extreme heat but a lot of people park their bikes during the Summer in Fl and the desert areas like AZ has when it's 111 or hotter everyday.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I ride in extreme heat but a lot of people park their bikes during the Summer in Fl and the desert areas like AZ has when it's 111 or hotter everyday.
Never gave heat a thought , when I don't ride its always because of cold .... Makes perfect sense .

·
Registered
471 Posts
Thanks for the post!
That's the boat I'm in....

Luvmyride good luck with your surgery, I had mine this past Monday, like you each pull of the clutch became excruciating. When I started dropping my hand tools I figured it was time to get things fixed. I was told it could be 6 months before I'm 100%, which will have me way ahead of where I was a couple of weeks ago. I'll take the down time to put some bling on the bike

1 - 20 of 26 Posts