Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K ... I went to hook up the LED headlight and it didn't work. Hooked the stock headlight back up and it's not working either. So, either there is a fuse or something somewhere that blew. I checked the fuses in the fuse box but they are good. Just no power getting to the headlight wiring where it connects to the light.

Any Ideas??

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometimes fuses look good, but there not...Put a new one in and see if it works now...
been there, done that.

I'm wondering if the relay blew ?

Is there any other fuse for the headlights other than what's in the fusebox?

·
13,002 Posts
guessing bad relay. Don't know if LED uses different relay
use meter and check power at relay

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahhh HA!!

Found the problem!

Here's the product I ordered...
Victory Motorcycles Chrome LED Headlight 2010 2016 Cross Models 07 16 Cruisers | eBay

Turns out the polarity is reversed. At least they include a female connector for each light that you can wire into your stock headlight wires.

Not only that but... what they mark as high beam is actually the low beam so, I guess China is completely reverse of us!! LOL

Anyhoo, they are now working. Can't explain the "no power" thing... went back and checked with a tester a second time and there was power ... yet at first there wasn't. Perhaps the relay resets itself?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
That's some scary **** just to make an LED light work ... Hope it works out well for you silvr , especially long term .

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Maybe when they say "high beam" they mean "high bulb", as opposed to lower bulb. Dunno, guessing.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe when they say "high beam" they mean "high bulb", as opposed to lower bulb. Dunno, guessing.
The wires were actually marked with a tag, one with "H" ... the other had "L" on it.

My 69 year old mind ASSumed that "H" meant high and "L" meant low ... but alas, it seems "L" must mean Longer range whereas "H" must mean .... uhhhh Headlight? LMAO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts