·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EOM..problem solved

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
...no MUTE button for radio when Sexy GF talking into my helmet comm speaker is not acceptable on a high dollar bike like this....
Does your Sexy GF have a mute button? Or is she not as high dollar as your bike? :D

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does your Sexy GF have a mute button? Or is she not as high dollar as your bike? :D
I don't want to mute her just the radio and off post unhelpful remarks....

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Can't mute the unhelpful remarks. You gotta learn to live with them.

What's your budget on getting a mute feature for the stereo? If it's worth it to you, about $500ish would buy you a new stereo with features you can handpick to match your needs.

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
What radio??? I can't find one on my bike. I got cheated. Oh well, I'll just listen to the music my pipes make.
Another unhelpful remark...sorry.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
My GoldWing had a mute button. Well, it wasn't really a "mute", it just cut the volume lower - you could still hear that it was on. Definitely a handy thing.

On this bike, I barely play music. I like to listen to the bike's mechanics at work.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
...On this bike, I barely play music. I like to listen to the bike's mechanics at work.
Another unhelpful remark. 3rd strike, we're out! :)

·
Registered
784 Posts

It is the interweb. As for the mute button, I never used one on the previous bikes. Vic wiring is questionable, so unless you have the CB and the hard wire intercom, I don't know if there is a feasible way to get it done.
I feel Victory left off a lot of useful and easily added items, but you won't get a lot of sympathy from most boards pointing them out.

Good luck

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

It is the interweb. As for the mute button, I never used one on the previous bikes. Vic wiring is questionable, so unless you have the CB and the hard wire intercom, I don't know if there is a feasible way to get it done.
I feel Victory left off a lot of useful and easily added items, but you won't get a lot of sympathy from most boards pointing them out.

Good luck
I have already come up with a workable solution but I will not be sharing it as I am tired of the TROLL section that masturbates all over realistic forum posts. "If you won't say it in front of your mom or likely to get punched in the face saying it in person, best keep it to yourself."

·
Registered
372 Posts
Only way to mute is to turn the volume down all the way. Though practically you only have to go down to 3 or so before you really can't hear the radio at speed.

You could also press the 'Mode' button and switch to some input without sound (isn't there a 'weather' selection?). Then switch back to the desired source to unmute.

If you truly want to find a way to mute things, you'll have to do some wiring. Either wire a cutoff switch into the speakers somehow or use the GPS input. It overrides the radio (i.e. for GPS nav voice instructions). You could find some way to pipe in 'silent' audio when you press a button, I suppose. These two ideas are pure wild-ass suggestions without much forethought.

Rob

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I have already come up with a workable solution but I will not be sharing it as I am tired of the TROLL section that masturbates all over realistic forum posts. "If you won't say it in front of your mom or likely to get punched in the face saying it in person, best keep it to yourself."
Wow! Now that's the spirit!

I guess you won't tell us you read the owners manual and discovered you can hold down the volume button for 2 seconds to turn off the stereo.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The cross country does not have a mute button? My Vision has one, I figured the control units would be the same.

·
Registered
43 Posts

Really? I'm going to take my ball and go home!
I want to be in control of the situation and if I can't then no one is going to be allowed to be happy about the outcome.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The cross country does not have a mute button? My Vision has one, I figured the control units would be the same.
I came from a Vision to.....and its the first thing I noticed - as I used mine so often I had the lettering wore off it.

They replaced the mute button with a preset button that cycles thru the presets......because the XC unlike the Vision, doesnt have the buttons on the dash to access the presets.

·
Registered
545 Posts
PLEASE! PLEASE! tell us oh mighty one... NEVER MIND!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Really? Seriously?? You took the time to post this???? I guess you talk that way in front of your mom.

·
Registered
504 Posts
DAMN!!! I see there are D***** Nozzles here too. Figured that Victory forums wouldn't host them like the HD forums do. Oh well, guess you can't escape them anywhere.
Its a "forum".... and yes we are all human here too!

not perfect, I know ! :ltr:

back to the OP - yea the "Owners Manual" is a good read, might try that sometime.....

·
Registered
511 Posts
You can mute the radio by turning volume down to zero.

You can turn the radio off completely by holding the volume minus button on zero for a few seconds and the radio will turn off completely and instead of showing you the radio display on what ever mode you were in it will simply say the word Victory.

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
Radio! What radio? My Vegas only got piped Vee twin tunes, and a sexy GF

1 - 20 of 23 Posts