Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 hammer (1700 miles). It has no spark no fuel. I took it to Dealer, changed ecm, tip over switch, crank sensor, fuses and relays. Cranks over fine my still won’t start. Any other suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
When you turn the key on, does the fuel pump prime up?
Change the timing wheel by chance? Sometimes the sensor wires can get pinched & damaged.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Troybruce.....Hoo Boy, that stealer you took it to saw you coming and went on a fishing expedition with your bike. Since it didn't start after all that, did they make you buy those parts and pay for their failure? I hope not.
There are guys here who could have helped you a step at a time just for the asking - and they still can. If you know which end of a screwdriver is the handle, you can fix your Victory. In 67 years of owning motorcycles, the 106" Victorys are among the easiest to work on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fortunately I didn’t have to pay the dealer for the new ecm since it didn’t fix my problem. As far as the other parts, I purchased them cheap from eBay and installed myself. I don’t hear the fuel pump kicking on, Does anyone know if the fuel pump needs to kick inand then send a signal to the coils for spark...

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Fortunately I didn’t have to pay the dealer for the new ecm since it didn’t fix my problem. As far as the other parts, I purchased them cheap from eBay and installed myself. I don’t hear the fuel pump kicking on, Does anyone know if the fuel pump needs to kick in and then send a signal to the coils for spark...
Fuel pump gets a few seconds of signal from ECM when powered up via key and run switch, should run momentarily. Then it will run when actual bike runs. If not coming on and no fuel pressure on fuel rail, there is a voltage or signal issue from relay or ECM not making it to the pump. Unfortunately it could be at the pump itself also. Spark itself is normall the sensor or pickup at the crank.

Now....with all that said.....if any wires at the headlight bucket have been chafed on main harness.....or cut. You will need to fix it for the rest to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts