Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in the Phx,Az. area we do not get a lot of rain. Got in a good heavy down pour last Saturday night. Went on a ride up to Prescott on Sunday. Monday found the turn signals had quit. Bike now has a little over 20K miles. Thought about taking it in to see if I could get it covered under warranty, then I though I would check it out myself. One thing I had noticed is the right on would work once in awhile. The city I live in I would much rather have working turn signals than not with all the people that love texting on there phones that drive, maybe they might notice a turn indictator:confused:. So I took the left control apart. Checked it with the ohn meter, no working, no continuity.Took the turn signal switch out from the handle and took it apart. Guess what go opened up and I guess MaVic is saving some money by not using much die-electric grease, the contacts had turned all green. Cleaned them off and greased it all up. Now they work again, YES did not have to buy any parts. I did check out the flasher while doing this and it looks like an expensive piece, so I am glad it still works. So if your turn signals quit working remember to keep the switch in mind. thumb up

·
13,242 Posts
Good for you.
Yesterday driving in city traffic I decide to use my hand signal a long with the blinkers. Getting more scared about people not seeing me when changing lanes

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crazy drivers

Moved into the city over a year ago. Crazy drivers by this ASU college. Went ahead and got a new helmet, old one JoeRocket was getting old, and it was blue, did like it. Went ahead and got a neon(almost) yellow Shoei. It sticks out pretty good, also stuck red reflective tape on the back of it. People think I am crazy with this on and bike is black. They think I am crazy and I like wise about them. I too sometimes use the turn signals and my hand to signal. When I use my left hand for a right turn a lot of times I give them the old wave of the hand with the pinky and thumb extended, I guess the old surfs up sign or kawabunga if I remember right. Hopefully this gets there freakin attention and they still sometimes see how close they can get to you without bumping you. Yes I want to be seen if my turn signals and bright yellow helmet are not cool in some eyes to bad, I like to be seen and keep living so I can ride another day,ha, ha. thumb up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts