Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm doing a little bit of product testing/fabbing on the kickstand of my XC for Brukus Motorcycle Parts and decided to see if my Noemtz kickstand extension from the JP I traded in would fit the XC since I have the rubber foot off and it does. Perfectly I might add. I do need to figure out a way to put a bit of rubber on the frame so it isn't metal to metal but in the grand scheme of things; that's no biggie. When I get a pic with the kickstand up I'll put it in this thread. It sure makes it much easier to find the kickstand.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Did I miss a post about those lowers inside the forged bars? Where/what are they?

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are the Baker Air Wings that come with everything except a couple of bolts and washers to attach it to the inside of the crash bars. There are two holes drilled and tapped there for highway pegs. They really make a difference with the wind and during the warmer months I turn them in to direct air flow to the motor and oil cooler.

http://www.bakerbuilt.com/bbairwings/h15awupaaaaa.html

You might contact them and see about getting them without the crash bar clamps to lower the price. I found these on ebay. They are orange but I painted them black on the inside so they would blend in better.

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
This may be a foolish question, but what it the purpose or reason for a extension for the kickstand on a cross country?
Not foolish at all. It makes it much easier to find the kickstand with your heel with the extension on. Effortless actually. But a picture is worth a thousand words as they say. :)

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Not foolish at all. It makes it much easier to find the kickstand with your heel with the extension on. Effortless actually. But a picture is worth a thousand words as they. :)

BBob....thanks for all the great words and pics!
Only one question....is that you in the reflection?

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BBob....thanks for all the great words and pics!
Only one question....is that you in the reflection?
You bet. It's a good product worth sharing info about. The hardest part of the job was grinding off the top of the rivets. I couldn't figure out a way to remove the kickstand easily so that was the next best option.

Yes. I took the pic. Here I am test riding the new High Ball a couple of weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some new pics after painting it with epoxy stove paint. Looks much better IMHO. Gives it a larger base for the weight to rest on too. Better for summer time on soft asphalt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts