Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new the the Victory world, having rode mostly kawi's and honda's. I just bought my first one this past fall, an 2011 8-Ball and have loved every mile, but I have a question. It is bone stock, and I hear lots of engine, tranny noise. Someone told me it was valves and lifter noise, but I did think it came from the top end. Is this normal for a stock victory?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
First welcome to the Victory forums.

Second PLEASE use the search feature there are no less than 2 threads discussing this going on now!!!

The search feature will answer most if not all questions you may have.cheersthumb up

·
Registered
183 Posts
You guys should have road my last HD with gear driven 658 lift cams. This Victory sounds like a singer sewing machine in comparision.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Engine / transmission noise is a real subjective thing, every bike / car forum seems full of this question. Lots of owners of their new pride and joy are sensitive to the knocks and whirs but I would say in my humble experience 99% of the time it is normal.

You have bearings / valves / pistons / cogs and chains right below you - it will make some noise. If there is a real issue it usually is very noticeable.

Go along to your local meet and listen to some bikes....it should reassure you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts