Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a demo ride today and was surprised to see that this year's Ness Cross Country was....well.... not REALLY a Ness bike (to me).

It DID have a plate on it that listed it as number 400 and it did have the diamond-cut cylinder heads but that's about it. The Handlebars were ... NOT NESS. The mirrors were...NOT NESS. The grips were.... NOT NESS. Heck, it didn't even have any NESS footpegs on it. It essentially didn't have ANY aftermarket NESS parts on it.....well, at ALL!

Although I am not in the market for a new bike, I found it odd that so much had been eliminated basically removing a lot of the substantiation for the Ness line. wac

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
I did a demo ride today and was surprised to see that this year's Ness Cross Country was....well.... not REALLY a Ness bike (to me).

It DID have a plate on it that listed it as number 400 and it did have the diamond-cut cylinder heads but that's about it. The Handlebars were ... NOT NESS. The mirrors were...NOT NESS. The grips were.... NOT NESS. Heck, it didn't even have any NESS footpegs on it. It essentially didn't have ANY aftermarket NESS parts on it.....well, at ALL!

Although I am not in the market for a new bike, I found it odd that so much had been eliminated basically removing a lot of the substantiation for the Ness line. wac
Maybe they thought it not Ness- essary:)

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They even eliminated the billet wheels from the equation. At this point I almost expect that Polaris will likely simply take the next logical step and remove the diamond-cut heads or perhaps even remove the Ness associations altogether which IMHO would truly be one of the biggest blunders in Victory history.

IMHO, Polaris Mgmt are likely now attempting to re-align with legendary Ness name over to their marque label, Indian. Although there may be "some" logic in that type of move, IMHO they would be "shooting themselves in the proverbial foot" in regards to Victory as Arlen's sponsorship of the Vision was one of the things that REALLY helped Victory move beyond simply being "just another" motorcycle company. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
340 Posts
It would be kinda sad, but I could see it happening. I will say however that I feel like Zach has been having a lot of fun with the XC recently. That bike with all the Ohlins and Lloyd'z goodies is pretty sweet, though it seems the bagger world in general didn't really appreciate what he did with the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts