Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

I just bought a non running 07 Hammer, it has 1300 miles and had been stored for most of the time.

I am not having much luck getting it running.

I drained the tank and tried new fuel, the plugs were sparking but dry, so I got the injectors cleaned and realized there was not much fuel pressure so I had the pump rebuilt per a recommendation on this site by Rylan Vos.

Great service and much cheaper than a new one.
I rebuild the bike using a factory manual but it still will not run although the headers do heat up.

any ideas?

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Have you checked the fuel pressure after the pump was rebuilt? Now that you have a healthy pump it's down to making sure there are no leaks.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Any kinks in the fuel line. It appears that it would be easy to kink one especially if you or someone has taken the tank off. Usually when you do all this work it comes down to something really simple. Also how about a check of all the fuses.

·
13,236 Posts
I don't know how you checked for spark but you can buy a tool at a local auto store for about 3 bucks or pull a plug and hold the steel base part of the plug to the cylinder and push the button you should see a spark. DO NOT HOLD THE PLUG IN YOUR BARE HAND.
If you have spark then you know you have power there.
Now you have to have a electrical meter to check out your Curtis.
Check all fuzz's and breakers.
If your plugs are black change them.
Is your battery good or up to full charge or are cables tight.
What kind of air filter is there is it cutting air off.
Is the run stop switch in the right poshion and is the bike in neutral.
All of these could be a possible reason for not starting.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can you hear the fuel pump come on for approximately 3 seconds when you turn the key on, switch on? Did you bleed the air from the fuel line?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everone

Thanks for all the advice. After talking to Rylan Vos of the Vic Shop, who had rebuilt the fuel pump and starting to try what he had suggested. I discovered that the previous owner has reversed the coli connectors.

Took the bike out for the first time and it drives great.

Will post a photo tomorrow.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts