Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used any other type of tourpack/trunk besides the victory one?

If so how does it look on a cross bike?

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
There was a fella who used a Harley tour pack; it didn't look half bad. Don't have any references or links though.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Atlanta Custom Baggers makes a fairly decent looking one. In my opinion it's overpriced for what you get simply because no one else makes one. Body lines don't meet up, 3/4" off in the rear and the cheap asses don't even use nuts on the machine screws they assemble it with. My painter will fix it though.

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
Kind of sort of what I'm looking for. I want one that's quick on and quick off.
Click

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dan, are you talking about the Victory Razr Pack? what do you meen about the screws?

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Dan, are you talking about the Victory Razr Pack? what do you meen about the screws?
Yes the Victory razor tour pack from Atlanta Custom Baggers. The body line or point at the rear if you want to call it that does not fall in the same place from the separate top and the bottom. It's at least 1/2-3/4" off. My painter can fix it but it's frustrating that for that kind of money it should be right on. Last when opening the trunk up I noticed that all the hardware was installed with machine screws. Which is fine but they just drilled the holes in the fîberglass tight so the screws grabbed but they neglected to install any washer and nuts on the screws to actually fasten them to the trunk. I didn't bother calling to complain after my first experience calling them to find out when my trunk was shipping. Seemed like a got some uneducated or just didn't care person working in the back. Barely got 2 sentences out of him. They may turn out some nice builds but their part quality and customer service is atrocious

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Great info Dan , thank you .cheers

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
How about THIS ONE or THIS ONE both under 50 bucks and perfect IF you're all about function over form. Don't kid yourself, I've used both(on 2 different BMW's) and they work beautifully and considering BMW's top cases were over a 1000$ I was money ahead.

If all you need is a top case to "Wife up the bike" when she's riding with you and need a backrest or you need the carrying capacity when she's with you, and Brother I know what you mean. Have you been here? Honey, really its ONLY 3 days...we're not going on a 3 month Safari.....or maybe you need some extra capacity for grocery day or laundry day at the laundromat, I dig it. Well here ya go, the perfect solution.

If you're gonna leave them on all the time, then maybe they won't work, but life is all about choice.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I guess those are all quite functional but there is nothing aesthetically pleasing about their design. Function over form I guess

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
the HD tour pack doesnt match the vic body, but can be made to fit, the razor packs, how much can they even hold? i have the vic trunk on mine, took it off yesterday to pull the fender, takes all of 2 minutes to pull the trunk and hang, and it holds 2 full face helmets inside. ImageUploadedByMO Free1436104134.588951.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I still have the stock Vic trunk that came with my Tour and I use it when the wife comes with. I was just looking for something a little COOLER if you will. I think I found that in the ACB vic razor tour pack. We will see how it works out when it comes back from paint. Also have a HD razor pack with a spoiler. Project just sitting in the wings for now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts