Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
You should be able to post now. I think it's two posts. They are trying to weed out bots.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
can't post unless i post in here first.
so I am posting :) yeyyy so awesome.
Beaming with positive attitude. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just trying to get my 2 posts in here so I can actually post if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Trying to get some help of best way to tow my 2012 XC to Arizona from Minnesota for a April ride. In April there's usually snow yet in Mn so I can't really drive it down there. I don't have a trailer that would quite load the heavy thing very easily with only my gf as help. Do uhaul trailers have a enclosed trailer that would accommodate my needs? Or maybe bite the bullet and buy one?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
46 Posts
Trailers are great to have for many things, so I'd buy one.

I bought a good used unmarked enclosed trailer which is anonymous because no one else needs to infer I'm carrying anything interesting. I consider "vanity trailers" such as those frequently emblazoned with the names of a certain other motorcycle marque to be childish theft bait.

One of my buds asked why I don't get a "pretty" trailer, and I said that I'd rather improve my security by parking next to his pretty trailer. :ltr:

White is a common, anonymous color and doesn't get as hot in summer so you can use it for a place to stay if you like.

I always get dual axle trailers. If you lose one tire you can limp to safety and not be forced to halt immediately for a tire change.

Weight capacity is good. More is better. If you go used, repack or replace the wheel bearings and do a thorough inspection.

Mine resembles the attached pic. It's deck is low enough that I pushed my FXR into it single-handed fairly easily and has E-Track strips for cargo securement (great for motorcycles). I use old mobile home beam for ramps. It was free and the edges keep wheels in the ramp.

http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Van-Trailer-Products/E-Track-Straps-Tie-Downs

Attachments

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Trailers are great to have for many things, so I'd buy one.

I bought a good used unmarked enclosed trailer which is anonymous because no one else needs to infer I'm carrying anything interesting. I consider "vanity trailers" such as those frequently emblazoned with the names of a certain other motorcycle marque to be childish theft bait.

One of my buds asked why I don't get a "pretty" trailer, and I said that I'd rather improve my security by parking next to his pretty trailer.
Maybe, maybe not.

I have a white, unmarked Wells Cargo. I still have it because it was recovered. The Indian motorcycle, tools, riding gear, etc in the trailer were not recovered.
I agree don't advertise, but likewise don't expect that anything you do will prevent somebody that wants what you have from taking it.

Insurance, the only proven response to theft.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Okay thanks for the thoughts. I may have to see if any relatives have one to borrow otherwise I'll have to consider biting the bullet, and buy one.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
We have a place here that sells all kinds of enclosed trailers, couple years ago I rented a 4 place one from them as they rent them as well so if you don't want to buy one just yet check around was 250 bucks for 5 days was happy with that.

ride safe

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome , to all you new guys ! cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Insurance is wise if your load is expensive. Also, make your trailer coupler removable and take it off.

I use height-adjustable Bulldog couplers (the mounting plates are easy to weld or have welded on) and pull the bolts then stash the coupler when I'm away from the loaded trailer. I like being able to kick the sleeve with a boot instead of fighting the much more delicate tab on many ball couplers.

They are very nicely made and available at farm suppliers and of course online:

http://www.bulldogproducts.net/content/products.aspx?lvl=2&parentid=7000&catID=7050&part=0

1 - 15 of 15 Posts