Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Newish to the forum. Live in the Seattle Wa area, I ride a 2009 Vegas 8ball with conquest custom octanes, PCV, Lloyd's Torque tubes and timing wheel. I have a kingpin rear fender with the victory large "soft" saddlebags. I'm trying to install some MBW LED rear turn signals, the ones that go under the fender. I found a video for an adapter plate to make them work, but can't find the adapter for sale anywhere. I can probably make the damn thing but i'm not 100% sure which LED lights they use in the video. The fenders are not the same size so I'm wondering if the LED's are somewhat flexible to fit. Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks guys

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
yeah me too, electricals aint my strongpoint so I leave it be the way it is...there are some really clued in leccy types here but, hopefully theyll steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what I'm looking for
trying to fit it to a kingpin fender though.

·
Premium Member
13,624 Posts
That's something I haven't seen or heard of. Of course that doesn't mean someone didn't make one for a while. You may have to mod one up or modify the plate you speak of made for something similar in shape and size.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and here's the video

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can build that little bracket. I'm just trying to figure out which LED I need to order. I don't think the vegas and kingpin fenders are the same at the bottom where this mounts. I'm wondering if the lights are rigid or have some flex to fit on either bike.

·
Premium Member
13,624 Posts
I wish I could help on those last questions. Looks like a nice set up. I think I'd try to contact the company (MBW) directly if you don't get any responses here.

That style turn signal was very popular for a while but I think the price put a lot of people off as new options became available that do the same thing much cheaper.

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
This is what I'm looking for
trying to fit it to a kingpin fender though.
I made this myself.... Hope you like it....

Cost... Absolute minimum

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
13,177 Posts
can't say for sure but if this is the light you want you might be able to cut the metal cross bar and move the light is or out. I would think the LED will have some flex to it

Attachments

·
13,177 Posts
looks like the hard part will be mounting the light. Don't forget you'll need resistors for each side. Make sure you test for positive wire so you don't burn out the blinker

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I made this myself.... Hope you like it....

Cost... Absolute minimum

Andre using TaPaTaLk
That looks awesome! you have a thread showing the build and installation?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks like the hard part will be mounting the light. Don't forget you'll need resistors for each side. Make sure you test for positive wire so you don't burn out the blinker
I'm an idiot when it comes to electricity! help me out would you, I need the resistors because..? I have an 09 so when i got the 08 kingpin fender i could just order the upgraded taillight and it plugs right in. I didn't know i needed anything to change the blinkers

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts

·
13,177 Posts
I'm an idiot when it comes to electricity! help me out would you, I need the resistors because..? I have an 09 so when i got the 08 kingpin fender i could just order the upgraded taillight and it plugs right in. I didn't know i needed anything to change the blinkers
didn;t say you were a idiot. LED lights don't draw the same amount of power as normal lights. So id you don't want fast flashing lights you need a resistor

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
didn;t say you were a idiot. LED lights don't draw the same amount of power as normal lights. So id you don't want fast flashing lights you need a resistor
No No, I'M saying i'm an idiot! I got it, thanks

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
That looks awesome! you have a thread showing the build and installation?
Did you looked up the thread link in post number #14 ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did you looked up the thread link in post number #14 ?
Andre using TaPaTaLk
Yeah i saw the parts you used but not how you fastened it to the fender...

can't say for sure but if this is the light you want you might be able to cut the metal cross bar and move the light is or out. I would think the LED will have some flex to it
That's exactly what I was referring to. I'm sure I could adapt it, they're just kind of spendy to buy and cut (in case I screw up!), if there was already one that fit I would rather go that direction. It's not looking like there is though... might need to go another route

·
Premium Member
13,624 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Yeah i saw the parts you used but not how you fastened it to the fender...
Just buy flatbar aluminum 30 x 5 mm & 3M doublé sided car tape and bend it by hand, there are some Bolt struds inside the fender, or boltholes inside the fender you can use, it is really quite an easy job working with aluminum strips and 3M tape.

Andre using TaPaTaLk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts