Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi since I can't respond to normal threads yet I just. Wanted to say howdyyyy. I'm from queens NY I'm 26 and a victory motorcycle technician. I must say I feel victory dominates the vtwin cruiser. Market. If anyone has any technical questions please feel free to ask. What's it gunsA take to let me start and post in normal threads

·
13,262 Posts
how long you been a Vic tech. what skills do you have being a Vic tech. do you work at a deal ship.
Welcome aboard

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
welcomecheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I started working at a local dealership as a certified Honda technician 4 years ago. They happened to sell victory which was new to me at the time. 4 years later I'm very comfortable having my way with v106 bikes. have done a lot of the jobs that came through the shop

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome, you have to have 2 post in new section to be able to post in the regular sections. What does victory use as a scan tool, I am an auto tech and do my own work, hate to have to bring back to dealer because i don,t have the diagnostic tools to fix bike? Is it something anyone can get?

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
... What does victory use as a scan tool, I am an auto tech and do my own work, hate to have to bring back to dealer because i don,t have the diagnostic tools to fix bike? Is it something anyone can get?
No, there isn't. It's only supposed to be connected to a digital wrench, and only Victory dealers have them. This was done on purpose. If you connect an ODB reader, you will corrupt your ECU, and you will be towing your Vic to the dealer to get the ECU fixed.

·
Registered
160 Posts
So digital wrench isn't sold to anyone except dealers? I work at an idependent auto shop and we have factory scan tools for ford and chevy and snap on generic for every thing else. Didn't know if there were any aftermarket scanners for motorcycles that were good or if i could get factory tool.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya digital wrench is their on board diag. They are very shistey with the program and even if your computer crashes its hard for the dealership to get it back. I'm gonna be opening my own shop soon and plan on bringing any bikes that need to be plugged in to the dealer and just let them do it it should be cheaper in the end than buying the software and interfaces.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
How about my user name tho not bad right. I'm surprised it was avbalible.. As asked previously I live in whitestone part of queens Ny. I have a 2007 Yamaha r1 as my baby a 2001 ducati monster 600 as my first and a Yamaha tw200 as my secret weapon And a Yamaha jog that tops at 60 for delivering Chinese food . In the garage is also a Yamaha banshee and my pride and joy my polini 910 carena if you have never seen one google it they are beautiful Italian hand made treasures, and if you have a boy he needs one.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Cool. I don't know where Whitestone is at...but hey, you got a barn full of horses. Welcome!!

·
Registered
944 Posts
welcome from tn

·
Registered
566 Posts
Welcome! I googled that polini 910 carena, looks like a very unique bike, never heard of it, so its cool! Kind of like a victory around these parts, no ones heard of them, so I enjoy the exclusivity :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts