Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded my beloved 2007 VTX-1300 on a new XR and I have to say that this bike ROKS. I am somewhat used to strange noises but just wanted to check w/ you guys on this. After the bike heats up. I can here a difference (a little louder) in the noise coming from the left lower housing (where the clutch cable is) while in neutral with the clutch engaged versus dis-engaged. I let the dealer listen to it and they say it is "normal" also listened to a XC that a friend test drove and the noise is there as well...

thoughts...
BTW,
Did I say how much I love this bike...:)

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
You won't believe how many gears are stuffed into that primary case.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Traded my beloved 2007 VTX-1300 on a new XR and I have to say that this bike ROKS. I am somewhat used to strange noises but just wanted to check w/ you guys on this. After the bike heats up. I can here a difference (a little louder) in the noise coming from the left lower housing (where the clutch cable is) while in neutral with the clutch engaged versus dis-engaged. I let the dealer listen to it and they say it is "normal" also listened to a XC that a friend test drove and the noise is there as well...

thoughts...
BTW,
Did I say how much I love this bike...:)
Congratz on the new bike! thumb up
What made you choose the XR over the XC?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I rode both the XC and the XR. Choose the XR based on how "Hot" the XC seemed with the fairing attached. Choose to get a windshield instead. Also the wife really likes the look of the leather wrapped bags on the crimson color XR I choose. My VTX had a windshield on it that worked just fine so I guess I'm just kinda used to that look and feel.

The windshield (nor the backrest) has not come in yet and the wife is ready to go. I feel sorry for my dealer if they don't come in by the weekend :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts