Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wondering how "noisy" Freedom engines normally are. I know it's hard to quantify, but I have had a lot of bikes and my 07 Kingpin with about 6k on it just seems to have a lot of mechanical noises going on in the general engine area (even at idle). Are they inherently a little noisier than other American or Metric V-twins due to all the gears and chains? The dealer says that it sounds normal to him, but there are not a lot of Vics around for me to compare it to. The bikes seems to run fine. Any input?

Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have an 08 KP 8-ball. It is not whisper quite , like a metric. It will sound different then an HD. They have pushrod. We don't. Is the engine quite enough that you hear mechanical meching of the ohv's, and camshaft chains and roller rockers.....hhhhhmmmmm?? Did you ask the dealer to start one of his up, with stock exhaust?? I like the sound of mine. It"s quite but I know it's there. If you trust the dealer at all, go with what he says. Maybe he could hook you up with another person that bought one????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sunlit,

Thanks for the input. The dealer had older and newer bikes that I listened to, but not an 07 Kingpin. Plus I have a stage 1 kit and windshield which may make some difference. I Googled "07 Kingpin engine noise" and found a post by someone with an 07 Kingpin tour that has noticed similar noises. Guess it's just the nature of the beast :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been thinking about Amsoil, since the Victory oil is expensive for for just a semi-synthetic. Might be worth a try....have you actually used it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I Still Use It . I Pay About $9.50 A Quart. And I Use A Victory Oil Filter. I Have 8000 Miles After One Year Of Ownership. All Is Good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 08 says every 5000 in the manual. I did it at 2000 for breakin. then at 5000. Next is 10000 when I get there. Try to find a drain plug bolt with a magnet on it when you can.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks for the input! One last question: How often are you changing your oil now that you use Amsoil?
After the first change with AMSOIL you can go up to 2 times the OEM Drain Interval up to 1 year as long as you use the AMSOIL EA Series oil filter.

Modifications can shorten the drain interval though. Such as a K&N Air Filter and/or Tuners.

I am able to go about 9000 miles, (Verified by Oil Analysis) but I run 2 up, loaded and pull a loaded box trailer. Quite often I am running 1800-2000 lbs gross weight.

The first Victory to go 100,000 miles did it with AMSOIL and the same bike was the first to hit 200,000..

Bob S.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2000 V92C Engine noises!

Hi all,

Just wondering how "noisy" Freedom engines normally are. I know it's hard to quantify, but I have had a lot of bikes and my 07 Kingpin with about 6k on it just seems to have a lot of mechanical noises going on in the general engine area (even at idle). Are they inherently a little noisier than other American or Metric V-twins due to all the gears and chains? The dealer says that it sounds normal to him, but there are not a lot of Vics around for me to compare it to. The bikes seems to run fine. Any input?

Thanks.
I just purchased a 2000 V92C, Special Addition with 11, 000 miles and I found the engine to be very noisy compared to my HD Sportster. Most of the noise is in the area of the valves, but it is hard to tell. I checked with the seller and he said it was always that noisy.

Does anyone know of noises in the older bikes like mine?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts