Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many northeast Ohioans are here using this forum? We are looking for new folks to meet and ride with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Just wondering how many northeast Ohioans are here using this forum? We are looking for new folks to meet and ride with.

Hey there! Welcome to the forum from NE Ohio... I'm down in Warren. I wish I could ride, but an accident in November totaled my bike and my right leg is busted. As soon as I'm able, though... I'm getting a new Vic.

Where are you located?

Cheers!!!!

Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Mike!
Sorry to hear about your misfortune! I. Eat it's tearing you up not being able to ride!?
I am in the Akron area. Little town called Doylestown just inside Wayne county line. I just bought a Cross roads last year and have been loving it ever since. I've wanted a Victory for years, but I was never financially in a place to be able to purchase.
I hope your leg recovers soon!
My name is Nick and keep in touch!
# is 330-754-8511 (cell)

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Hey Mike!
Sorry to hear about your misfortune! I. Eat it's tearing you up not being able to ride!?
I am in the Akron area. Little town called Doylestown just inside Wayne county line. I just bought a Cross roads last year and have been loving it ever since. I've wanted a Victory for years, but I was never financially in a place to be able to purchase.
I hope your leg recovers soon!
My name is Nick and keep in touch!
# is 330-754-8511 (cell)

Hey Nick... pleasure to meet you. I am familiar with Doylestown... been through there once or twice, though I don't usually get that far west on a regular basis. There are a couple folks on this forum from Canton... and as I understand, there are some meet-ups there on a weekly basis.

Thanks... I hope my leg recovers soon too... I'm itching to get back in the wind. Come hell or high water, I'm going to get my hands on a CCT as soon as I'm cleared to walk and ride again. As soon as I'm up and running I'll hit you up and we can do a little cruising.

Show us some pictures of your bike...

Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Absolutely hit me up when you get back on your feet again. I'd love to find new places to ride. Good luck on your search for the ride you're looking for.
I'll try and post pics of mine, haven't done that yet on here. IMG_1084.JPG IMG_1017.JPG IMG_0968.JPG

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Hey Nick...

One of the more fun rides I've had was to the Algonquin Mill Fall Festival down in Carrollton... there are some decent/okay twistys getting down there... Route 39 is kinda fun... not like The Dragon (North Carolina) or Suches Loop (northern Georgia)... but still fun. There are also some good rides going up into Peninsula/Boston Heights... not as twisty but the scenery is gorgeous... and both Hudson and Boston Mills are really scenic places. Hudson has an awesome downtown... and The Winking Lizard in Peninsula is a fun place to stop and have a brew.

Since I live so close to Pennsylvania... I take a lot of rides there... I've always said that Pennsylvania stops where it stops being gorgeous... I like to ride up to Tionesta State Park... a lot of Highway 62 runs along the Allegheny River... and it is a beautiful ride... nice and easy... just like I like it. It's a long ride... couple hours there... couple hours back... and even further for you being on the other side of Akron... but it makes one hell of a day trip.

If you like bar hopping... there is the Original Quaker Steak and Lube in Sharon, PA... nice restaurant/bar... or the Quaker Steak and Lube in Warren... and closer to home for you is the Guilford Lake Grille just south of Salem... which I really like... nice deck overlooking the lake and the prices are reasonable.

Sorry to go on like that... you now have some of my haunts... If you want to know about stuff up Route 422 and up towards Cleveland... lemme know... I've got some nice places to stop up there too.

Cheers!!!!

Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks mike. I drive truck so I've been all over. I know most of the routes you talk about. Especially PA. Yeah Carrollton is cool. Going down 43 to 39 and such. The roads get sweet around Lisbon and northwest of there. I don't remember the road number but going thru salineville and past Denoon lumber is fun.
I appreciate the help! Really! We will definitely have to hook up and ride. I'm not as familiar with back roads up northeast where you are!

·
Premium Member
799 Posts

Canton area man here. 43 and 39 are great rides. Route 93 is a good one, so is route 542. There's too many to list. The "group" I ride with consists of my father in law and brother in law (my brother and dad are bike-less now, but I make do :) )

I recently stumbled upon cool piece of media that has some real nice roads within it. I can tell you that one of the routes (hint TRIPLE NICKEL hint) is a peg scraper for sure.

https://sway.com/rAQ31CXogUByg9wg

P.s. if the link will not work for you, try searching for "top 5 Midwestern motorcycle roads" or something like that.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Canton area man here. 43 and 39 are great rides. Route 93 is a good one, so is route 542. There's too many to list. The "group" I ride with consists of my father in law and brother in law (my brother and dad are bike-less now, but I make do :) )

I recently stumbled upon cool piece of media that has some real nice roads within it. I can tell you that one of the routes (hint TRIPLE NICKEL hint) is a peg scraper for sure.

https://sway.com/rAQ31CXogUByg9wg

P.s. if the link will not work for you, try searching for "top 5 Midwestern motorcycle roads" or something like that.
Thanks doobliss!!!!!! I had forgotten about the triple nickel!!! I've gotta add that to my list... :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks doobliss!! I've heard of triple nickel but never have given it a go yet. Get in touch with me if you want to hook up and ride!!

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Thanks mike. I drive truck so I've been all over. I know most of the routes you talk about. Especially PA. Yeah Carrollton is cool. Going down 43 to 39 and such. The roads get sweet around Lisbon and northwest of there. I don't remember the road number but going thru salineville and past Denoon lumber is fun.
I appreciate the help! Really! We will definitely have to hook up and ride. I'm not as familiar with back roads up northeast where you are!

Hey Nick...

Going north there are a lot of fun roads... not so much twisty, but scenic... and some through Amish country... (watch out for road apples)... Route 534 North is a fairly straight piece of road through the farm country... and there is an added benefit... Trumbull Meat Locker... they are a butcher shop right on Route 534 with the BEST smokies I've ever eaten in my life. Every time I go up there I usually buy 4 or 5 pounds of smokies... Bourbon and Cajun are my favorites. Oh... and if you like Medieval fairs... the Great Lakes Medieval Faire is on Route 534... I recommend it. It starts in the summer.

Up Route 422 there is the Iron Horse Saloon in Burton... fun place to play for an afternoon... a little further north off Route 44 is the Auburn Inn... that's a good place to stop... very biker friendly.

I can talk about more places out by Mosquito Lake (The Hole in the Wall) off Route 88 and Route 46... Lake Tavern on Route 46... dives... a lot of fun to visit.

There you go... some more turf to consider... :)

I can't wait to get back on a bike!!!!

Cheers!!!

Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks mike!! I've been thru Burton, Middlefield, Auburn, Chesterfield, Chagrin falls (one of my favorite places to go), I do like riding that area.
I appreciate the heads up on the Trumbull shop! Haven't been to that place yet. I love smokies and jerky! I'll definitely have to hit that place.
All this riding talk makes me want to get out and ride! Can't wait for some better weather.
I get cold too damned easy!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm from North Canton myself.

Just got my Gunner last fall pretty late in the year and I'm looking to go on a few more poker runs and rides than I have in previous years.

My pops lives just south of New Philly so i frequent 800, 250, 212, and 93 around Navarre/Massillon area down to Strasburg.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Thanks mike!! I've been thru Burton, Middlefield, Auburn, Chesterfield, Chagrin falls (one of my favorite places to go), I do like riding that area.
I appreciate the heads up on the Trumbull shop! Haven't been to that place yet. I love smokies and jerky! I'll definitely have to hit that place.
All this riding talk makes me want to get out and ride! Can't wait for some better weather.
I get cold too damned easy!!

Even with gear... the coldest I can usually ride is about 50 degrees... that's pretty much 30 degrees with the wind chill and that's just no fun... Today is 70... I could do this... if I could take this damn boot off my leg and had permission to ride... :wink Oh... and if I had a bike... I gotta get another one of those... :frown First the boot, then the bike... :grin

1 - 20 of 20 Posts