Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Not a vic rider or owner yet. Havent quite decided what i want or direction I want to go.

I currently ride a Honda Shadow Spirit 750. bag, MS Batwing...etc. I is a good bike, but interstate riding is not its strong suit for me.

I am a big guy at 6ft 260lbs and I feel very "large" on the shadow...lol

I really like the Vegas with the skinny front tire and alloy wheels but would prefer a different fender on the back. Much like the boardwalk or maybe a "gangster" style.

I am in awe of the bags on the cross bikes, they are huge and look very nice to boot.

I would be tempted to go with a boardwalk if I could get cross bags to work on it, but that doesn't look possible.

Well, enough of my rambling, I live in Midland, texas and work in the oil industry. It is hot, windy and dusty most of the time here.

ride on.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I fell in love with the Vegas 8 Ball many years ago and finally I will pull the trigger... No matter which one you end up with, Victorys are pieces of art :)

·
13,262 Posts
being a big guy and guessing you like country roads more then city riding. You should look at the cross roar. You have bags for your stuff and the bike is very agile. So going to the bar would be easy weather is a hundred miles away or twenty.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Lots of room to stretch out on the Cross Roar, er Road, Motoman. Same for the Cross Country. Nothing not to like except for the horn. Lots of suspension, lean, power, dependability, and easy peasy to maintain.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the XR does look like a very nice ride indeed.

To visionjohnny, :) there are not many "back roads" in this area. If the road isn't interstate or highway it is a "farm road" that gets as much traffic as a main road. Tress, water....scenery is a premium unless you like the desert motif. Most everything is a high speed straightaway, with line of sight being the distant horizon and curvature of the earth, lol.

To ricz, is the XR loud?, not sure I get the roar joke..:)

I don't mind city driving in my area, but I am sure in a larger area like Austin or San Antonio I would hate it, considering I don't like driving my truck in either of those places.

It will be a while before I move up into a VIC. But I plan on lurking here and getting ideas and sponging up information.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Yeah, the XR does look like a very nice ride indeed.

To ricz, is the XR loud?, not sure I get the roar joke..:)
I was poking fun at VJ's typo. The Cross bikes are very quiet--too quiet if you ask most owners. That's why you see a ton of threads and posts about pipes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You'll love Victory. I am waiting for the delivery truck to drop off my "new to me" Cross Roads. I currently have a Hammer and love that bike too, never a problem!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hello,

Not a vic rider or owner yet. Havent quite decided what i want or direction I want to go.

I currently ride a Honda Shadow Spirit 750. bag, MS Batwing...etc. I is a good bike, but interstate riding is not its strong suit for me.

I am a big guy at 6ft 260lbs and I feel very "large" on the shadow...lol

I really like the Vegas with the skinny front tire and alloy wheels but would prefer a different fender on the back. Much like the boardwalk or maybe a "gangster" style.

I am in awe of the bags on the cross bikes, they are huge and look very nice to boot.

I would be tempted to go with a boardwalk if I could get cross bags to work on it, but that doesn't look possible.

Well, enough of my rambling, I live in Midland, texas and work in the oil industry. It is hot, windy and dusty most of the time here.

ride on.
Welcome!!! and anything is possible if you make it that way!!! actually the Boardwalk is just a cruiser version of the Cross Roads but most everything else underneath is the same.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm 6-2 220 pounds and find the Cross Country a perfect fit without having to go after market. My previous bikes always required me to buy forward controls, different bars, etc.....not with the Cross Country.

I have owned a number of different manufacturers (HD, Yamaha and Honda) and find my Victory the best bike I've owned by a long shot. Good luck on your decision.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Since I came from the harley crowd, I almost purchased a cross roads, That is until I test drove the cross country. IMHO This is the best bike I have ever been on. It might be becouse of my age LOL, The victory bikes really impressed me. And my wife likes it better than my harleys. and remember if mama is happy everyone is happy LOL. I would test ride all of them, but in the end its what fits you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really like the CC but funds are tight for that. The CR is really tugging at me.

Gonna ride this season on my shadow and save the cash. Thanks for the welcome all.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Do not over look the Vision..

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
I really like the CC but funds are tight for that. The CR is really tugging at me.

Gonna ride this season on my shadow and save the cash. Thanks for the welcome all.
Way to go motoman. That's how I have lived my financial life--save for what I want and spend it judiciously. That has kept me solvent and not having to make payments (with interest) to anyone. cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts