Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may not be a Vic but, I think the RC8 is pure s*x on wheels. Is it really worth that much more than a GSX-R1K, R1, or ZX10? Maybe, if for no other reason than it is just great looking.

Time to start saving for a new mistress...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
It may not be a Vic but, I think the RC8 is pure s*x on wheels. Is it really worth that much more than a GSX-R1K, R1, or ZX10? Maybe, if for no other reason than it is just great looking.

Time to start saving for a new mistress...
A little jagged and orange for sex, but I'm sure it'd be a blast. Body positioning is also too committed to be much of a road bike, for me anyway, but it'd be killer in 20 minute sessions on a track.

I was contemplating one of these before the Vic:

The seat was just too high to be practical for mini-me. I see they now have a lowering kit for it. Maybe next time...

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I think the Yamaha FZ-09 is the interesting one... $7,990 price tag... three cylinder 850cc
Surely the most practical of the bunch. From what I've read it is a really great machine except that throttle response is really abrupt.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the Yamaha FZ-09 is the interesting one... $7,990 price tag... three cylinder 850cc

I've always been a fan of naked bikes. I haven't been really keeping up with them too much lately but that one looks pretty nice. The three cylinder could be pretty fun if it's like the Triumph Speed Triple:D.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been on a KTM kick a little while now and have never owned one. The RC8 would be amazing but maybe just a but too focused on killing lap times. Perhaps I can talk Household 6 into a Super Duke instead. It looks pretty hot and a bit more street friendly.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I have got some serious respect for Rocket riders. I have never ridden one and eventually would like one. They just seem so...big. Beautiful but, big.

How nimble are they? Having never ridden one I reserve judgement on handling. Are they purely straight line beasts or is there more than meets the eye?

I love this one!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I've been on a KTM kick a little while now and have never owned one. The RC8 would be amazing but maybe just a but too focused on killing lap times. Perhaps I can talk Household 6 into a Super Duke instead. It looks pretty hot and a bit more street friendly.
I don't think they make the SD anymore. My local dealer sells KTM. He's sold a couple of these this year and just put another on the floor.

I think he mainly sells these via the internet. Not seen that many KTM riders in the area.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Pop would like to join in the on road off road fun of a nice production adventure bike too.

American V twin
No boost
No funny bottle
No fairing
490 lbs
160FP
160HP

Stock out of the crate- 172 at Bonnie.
36 unit production run.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Pop would like to join in the on road off road fun of a nice production adventure bike too.

No boost
No funny bottle
No fairing

And no brakes, Woohoo!

It does look like such a thing could be tweaked into a nice road machine easily enough.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts