Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My name is David and I'm new to the forum. I'm considering an XC or XR after many years and many miles on larger sport touring bikes (BMW R1150RS, Kawasaki GPz 1100). Small, I know, by cruiser and bagger standards.

I'd be curious to hear from other riders who came from smaller bikes, or non-cruiser bikes, about any challenges they faced -- going from a sitting-on bike to a sitting in bike; pegs vs. floorboards, etc. Went to a dealer last night, threw my leg over an XC, and, damn, that's a lotta bike right there.

David

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Hey David welcome to the Victory Forum. As far as which bike to choose between XC and XR goes the only real difference is the fairing and tunes. Both bikes are built on the same frame and bothe are surprisingly nimble consdering their size.
There are quite a few people on here that transitioned from sporty bikes to XC/XR/XCT and for the most part they seem to be happy with their decisions. Honestly the biggest gripe from people that are used to having the wind in their
face is the engine sounds. Unfortunatley when you block all/part of the wind you are going to hear the engine running. Open the hood of your car, take a seat, hold a piece of cardboard in front of you, and have someone drive you around the neighborhood and you'll hear a bunch of sounds you may not have known your car makes!

·
Registered
35 Posts
ride the bike it will not fell so big they handle great and balance themselfs i bought my xc 6 weeks ago have 3300 miles on it always looking to ride the more i ride the more i love

1 - 3 of 3 Posts