Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The flasher was replaced. I bought from chapparal. Now, the left signal light will not blink nor light. I changed two bulbs and still no go. Any suggestions ,ideas or fixes. going on a long ride in a month.

·
13,003 Posts
You really should say what bike you have what year you have.
Do you have a volt meter so you can check power.
Are you talking about a LED bulb or a normal bulb.
What ells have you changed like the rear light or something.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
What VJ said and take the signal apart and ensure the solder points are good. Those front signals are put together pretty sloppy. If their stock.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not as dark now #2

I have an '03 V touring cruiser. front signal light will not flash nor light. changed two bulbs just in case the bulb was faulty. you cannot turn bulb around because of the off set détentes. any other suggestions about the fix and /or cost of same. Thanks.

·
13,003 Posts
does the rear light come on when you try the blinker.
If you have a meter check for power up front. One will be ground and one will be power. If you have no power go into the headlight and look to see if you have power there. Even try a new fuse.
Still no power pull seat and look for pinch wires look behind side covers. Put a wrench on battery bolts make sure there tight.
How old is there battery?
If you don't have a volt meter you'll have to get one. Walmart auto store they all have them

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not as dark now..but #2

Found the problem for turn signal. FYI -the base plate behind the bulb had melted. this caused the contacts to shrink down so the bulb contacts could not touch. replaced base plate from another bike and voila, it works! Hope this helps if someone else has this problem.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Good find, good fix.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found the problem for turn signal. FYI -the base plate behind the bulb had melted. this caused the contacts to shrink down so the bulb contacts could not touch. replaced base plate from another bike and voila, it works! Hope this helps if someone else has this problem.
By the way, I live in Alexandria,VA. Ken L.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts