Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my '10 Cross Country on 7/2/10. I have been waiting since then for my $1k rebate from them. In Oct I started E-Mailing to see where it was. Then I was told that they hadn't received the form from my dealer. So my dealer resubmitted all of the forms. In Nov I e-mailed again asking where my rebate was. Now, to E-mail them I went to Vicotry's Website, went to the bottom where it says contact us. If you do that you will come to a screen of "self help'. When you choose to e-mail they ask for a subject for the e-mail. One title is rebate/promotion. That was the subject I chose.... I got a response that they don't deal with rebates???? How can that be?

The very first time I e-mailed them with the question they replied with an e-mail asking specifically which rebate I was inquiring about and at the bottom of the e-mail in large type it said "DO NOT REPLY"

Anyway, I love my bike and can't wait to get it out in about 87 days but Victory is ticking me off.

I may have to get my State Attorney General involved, it shouldn't have to be that way. :(

Sean

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I may have to get my State Attorney General involved, it shouldn't have to be that way. :(
Ouch! In general, whenever possible, I avoid rebates like I would avoid plague. When I bought my horse (10/2010) the rebate was instantly taken off at the time of purchase, and reflected so on the purchase contract. Sounds like yours was a mail in rebate.

Best bet would be to pick up the phone and call them. Who knows what desk money they have in charge answering e-mails. Phone call is more personal and you'll be more likely to get helped. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
You could get the rebate turned into a credit at the dealership you purchased your bike at. $1k in parts and accessories is better than waiting for $1k to show up in the mail. You may be able to work in discounts with the dealership too; with 10% your $1k turns into $1100 -- 15% will get you $1150. With the price of Victory OEM it doesn't hurt to try to save a few bucks.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
You could get the rebate turned into a credit at the dealership you purchased your bike at. $1k in parts and accessories is better than waiting for $1k to show up in the mail. You may be able to work in discounts with the dealership too; with 10% your $1k turns into $1100 -- 15% will get you $1150. With the price of Victory OEM it doesn't hurt to try to save a few bucks.
If that's possible, this ends up being a good point. Though if you're promised cash back, you should get cash back, and with it the freedom to spend it wherever you want, for whatever your heart desires.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At one point a woman from their "customer service" told me that probably what happened was the $1000 was taken off by the dealer at time of sale. The dealership and I both confirmed that that was not the case.

Also, my dealer told Victory that they themselves would write me a check as long as Victory would tell them the reimbursement was coming to them. Victory wouldn't do that either!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the rebate had been for $1000 in parts and accessories I would already have had that used up. :D The rebate was $1000 cash back. At this point I would take either but since I cannot get anyone at Victory to acknowledge that they owe me $1k in any way shape or form how can I possibly get them to say oh ok have some accessories on us? If anyone has a phone number and contact of a live person I could talk to I would appreciate it.

Sean

·
Registered
336 Posts
That is truly a shame! At least your dealership is standing behind you! I would hate for something like this to sour your impression of a great bike but Victory needs to take a close look at their customer service. You are not the first I have heard about such things....

·
Premium Member
13,725 Posts
Keep us posted on how this turns out. A deal is a deal and if you have it writing there's not much they can say about not backing it up.

It was right about then they started doing the "Up to $5k" off on all models except the Cross bikes. Maybe someone promised you something they weren't supposed to. Doesn't matter though. If you have it is writing they still need to honor it. Could be a salesman spoke out of turn while trying to move the 2010's knowing the 2011's were going to be there soon. I dunno. Just surmising.

If it wasn't in writing though; you might be screwed unless you can convince them to at least honor $1k in accessories.

Just my thought on the matter ...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
BBOB,

This was a Victory Factory Rebate. This was not a salesman speaking out of turn.

Now, this is the same promotion with a different ending date. Last year Victory ran this promotion ENDING on 6/30 and then put it right back up 7/1 ending on 12/31 and now they have it running from 1/1 to 3/31. I provided everything I needed to, to the dealer on 7/2 when I signed the papers, paid my money and took delivery of my bike. The dealer mailed in the paperwork on or about 7/8. A couple of weeks later I stopped by to ask if they had heard anything about the rebate yet and the Salesman/OWNER told me that it would probably take a month or so for Victory to process my Rebate and send me a check. I let everything go until the first week in October. During that week Victory told the Dealer that they had not received the form so he mailed out another copy to Victory. As I said he told Victory/Polaris that he would cut me a check as long as they would reimburse him. To me that is more than he needs to do especially if Victory is not willing to honor this rebate.

Again, just disappointed in them that's all.

Sean

·
Registered
528 Posts
It really is grand to work well with others but it comes a time when you must acknowledge their incompetence. I would give em a call and tell them you are through with them jerking you off and you have copies of the paper work verifying the rebate. You are filing a compliant with the attorney's general office with your state.
Do not accept any terms from them, stand fast

just a thought

dd

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
It really is grand to work well with others but it comes a time when you must acknowledge their incompetence. I would give em a call and tell them you are through with them jerking you off and you have copies of the paper work verifying the rebate. You are filing a compliant with the attorney's general office with your state.
Do not accept any terms from them, stand fast

just a thought

dd
:I agree:

Give them another chance to fix it, but do let them know you're about ready to follow up with legal action. Someone, somewhere, is sleeping on the job, and if you don't do anything, other customers will re-live your nightmare.

·
13,262 Posts
It is a shame that polaris is being a turd. After reading every thing I was thinking take a copy of all your paper work with a letter from your dealer and send the president a registered letter to him personally. Now some one has to sign for it and I would think they would give it to him or his secretary. Be polite in what you write but explain to him how disappointed you are and how you have posted it on the net. Now go to the lawyers.
I even would go to face book look up victory and put your posting there. Be polite but tell every one that maybe this is not the company you want to deal with. Don't rave about the bike but more how they don't give you your money. I do think people from polaris read face book cause they post stuff there.
I know in time the money will come but its hard to wait for it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
By all means remain polite and respectful.

Sending copy's of the paper work is a good idea. I would probably call and ask who you need to send it to and attempt to contact them before hand so they would know what it is about.
I do not think you will need a lawyer even if they reject you paper work. The attorney General can easily resolve the issue.
In Alabama they contact the company and ask for a solution, if they are reluctant to offer a solution that's when they file a complaint in your behalf which goes to the state which Victory is in to their attorney General.
Majority of the time when the attorney General contacts them they respond quickly and resolve the issue.

You also said another rebate from Victory is in effect.
I have done a good research and can not find anything except the 0% interest of 12 months and a $500 accessories for purchasing a new bike.

I bought my bike in October 2010 and I asked for any promotions that was going on mu dealer said nothing but I will give you 1 if you pay cash. They knocked FOB, set up, taxes, title, tags and $1,000 off of the retail price then gave me a 15% discount on all accessories for 60 days. Which was a $2,200 discount - the discount on accessories.

Got a link to the rebate?

The part I do not understand why is Victory not standing up to their own rebate.

I hate rebates they can easily come up with something that will disqualify you. It's their rules so they can pretty much do what they want.

How much did ya pay for the bike, or better yet what was the actual deal you made. This may show the problem. who knows

dd

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Well, you do get a lawyer if Victory doesn't fix this on their own. The reason you get a lawyer is because you can argue that without that deal, you didn't want the bike in the first place. The $1,000 would have been a deal breaker for you, so without it, there is no deal. If you have a lawyer and approach it this way, you would ultimately get your money back, and return your used bike. I know this isn't nice, but this is how you treat someone who tries to steal a grand out of your pocket.

All that being said, I sure hope for your own sake that the terms and conditions of the deal do apply to you and you qualify for the rebate. Otherwise, you have no case. But even then, Victory should take the 5 minutes to explain to you why things are the way they are.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Is this motorcycle financed or has it been paid in full? Some rebates (automotive in general) do go back against the balance owned on the bike, case in which you might want to check what you currently owe on it, and see if a $1,000 credit added.

Do you have a link to that special they ran at that time so we can all read the fine print?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I looked through all my emails from Victory to try to find which rebate program would have been running in Jul 2010. All I was able to find was the Red Tag Event that took up to $5K off everything except Cross Roads and Cross Country and the Military Appreciation rebate that offer $1K rebate on any Victory. Are/were you Military (retired or Active Duty)? If so and this is the promotion you bought under I think I still have a few coupons left. When the promotion started I printed out several of them the hand out on base.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The rebate I asked about said you had to be in the armed forces and was not redeemable for cash but a credit for parts. Do you think the dealer misunderstood? The current form to mail in on the Polaris site indicates the same thing.
Don't know if this is your case but worth checking. I was able to get $1000 off parts since I test rode during the demo rides.

Hope you get it figured out.

·
Registered
528 Posts
VICTORY HONORS AMERICAS ARMED FORCES
WITH AN ADDITIONAL $1000 CASH BACK
ON THE PURCHASE OF ANY VICTORY MODEL
FULL THROTTLE

RESTRICTIONS: *$1000 USD or $1000 CND savings redeemable with proof of valid U.S. Military or Canadian Armed Forces ID. Coupon is not
redeemable for cash. Military coupon can be combined with current promotions, but not with any other coupons. Limit one coupon per customer. Offer
is valid on full line of Victory Motorcycles. The program is available to all active, reserve, National Guard, and retired military personnel.

DATE OF PROGRAM: JAN. 1 - MARCH 31, 2011

If this is the same offer you got then do you qualify?
Link:
http://cds014.ch2.cdn.polarisindustries.com/y5b8k2i7/cds/prod/VIC/MY2011/offers/FullThrottle-Coupon.pdf

1 - 20 of 24 Posts