Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard quite a few HD, Guzzi, Vintage Indian, etc. riders tell me this summer that Poalris' decision to end Vic was just a shame. All said they knew Vics were damned good bikes, or heard that they were. In fact most commented on the power that can be had in these rides.

Yesterday on a 3 hour long Tconn for a nasty repair issue...both the guys were riders. One a Goldwing, the other coming off crotch rockets who just bought a Jap cruiser in the 750 CC range. Both mentioned when I said I had a Vic that they did not understand Polaris decision to end them, and especially for the Indians. In fact, they had more good to say about Vics then some Vic owners do...lol.

The Jap cruiser guy said he knew Vics were great from friends who owned them, but was afraid to hop on something that big...BUT is looking at a Touring bike now. He said he loved the CCT but was afraid to grab one because of the shutdown and was concerned about parts and warranty since his local Vic dealer stopped selling and servicing them and is now a multi bike dealer.

The guy on the Wing said he liked them as well but won't buy a discontinued bike. Said he rented a BMW K1600GT and said it was a wild ride but more HP than he really needed. But he liked the handling. He is sticking with the Wings.

Its damn sad that Vics were just starting to really gain notoriety for performance and reliability and shoved to the side like this. Also sad that people who would have gotten one are afraid too because of the closure.
Maybe I could slap together a huge list of people who say those things and mail them to the Vic execs. Not that it will do any good. I think they should have given them at least 2 more years to truly catch on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I still don't think the IAM (Indigenous American Motorcycle) line is gonna be a real seller.
Now if someone would come up with a bike that looked more like a fidget spinner, future sales would be tremendous.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I will never regret buying my Vic and have encouraged those that are hesitant to jump in. Because of all the great reputable and creative shops parts and service are not an issue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts