Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Southeast Virginia rider here. Bought a 2011 Victory Vision Tour and I love it, minus the engine heat of course. I bought it right off the showroom floor, with 1 mile on it. I have done nothing to it other than attach an Ipod cord to it. And a cupholder. Any suggestions on how to reduce the feeling that my legs are on fire?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hello everyone. Southeast Virginia rider here. Bought a 2011 Victory Vision Tour and I love it, minus the engine heat of course. I bought it right off the showroom floor, with 1 mile on it. I have done nothing to it other than attach an Ipod cord to it. And a cupholder. Any suggestions on how to reduce the feeling that my legs are on fire?

Thank you in advance.
I made a thick leather shield.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the lower wind deflectors from Victory and my legs stay a lot cooler. They will give massive air flow once at speed and will keep you cooler when turned in and when turned out can give a lot of wind protection. I know when stoped at a light this does not help. I also installed the foot pegs , this also helps even at slow speeds.

Buster

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I made a thick leather shield.
Interesting. I was noticing your highway pegs....they are attached to the tip overs? I am 6ft 3 and not sure if i buy the Victory Highway pegs that they will let me stretch out my legs. I do like the leather shield.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the lower wind deflectors from Victory and my legs stay a lot cooler. They will give massive air flow once at speed and will keep you cooler when turned in and when turned out can give a lot of wind protection. I know when stoped at a light this does not help. I also installed the foot pegs , this also helps even at slow speeds.

Buster
I saw them at the dealers. I have heard they only last about a year,....and that there are hard lowers you can buy but have to have the victory brackets. Not sure why you cant by the brackets separately. Any advice?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Interesting. I was noticing your highway pegs....they are attached to the tip overs? I am 6ft 3 and not sure if i buy the Victory Highway pegs that they will let me stretch out my legs. I do like the leather shield.....
I am 6'3" as well, so I removed the tie down eye bolt and drilled the hole all the way thru the tip over and ran a bolt thru to attach my highway pegs... it was the only way to get them far enough out in front so that I could straighten my legs and also i can put my full weight on them without the brackets bending.

The leather shield works great... and if you look at the same picture where you can see the highway pegs, you will notice that I put a marine vent thru the inner cowling... I did this on both sides and the air flow is greatly increased without any buffeting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts