Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!
I joined the site cause I'm seriously looking to buying my first bike, and I'm 95% sure it will be a Victory Vegas 8-ball.

I've wanted a bike for years, and it only recently occured to me that I'm (mostly) an adult and that I can get myself one if I really want. So I'm going to take the MSF course and see how that goes.

I went to a Harley dealership by where I live and their Iron 883 fit me really well, but I don't really like the bike and the sort of rabid fanaticism of some of the Harley riders I've met has dissuaded me from getting one. But I saw the Vegas on the Victory website and I couldn't believe it. I went and saw one in person at a dealership last night and it just looked unreal. Such a gorgeous bike.

I'm 5'2" and only 150 lbs, so I'm a little concerned that the bike will be too big for me. I sat on it and I could flatfoot one side and had the balls of my feet on the other, but the part that would be a deal breaker for me is that my legs are not quite long enough for me to get my left foot under the shifter. If it was just 1.5 or 2 inches back I would have no issue. Is there some kit out there that will do this?

ALSO! Does anyone know why the Vegas 8-Ball is $2,000 less than the regular Vegas?

I'm excited to peruse the forums and talk to you guys and girls!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums and congrats on your interest in Victory. As far as not being a biker goes don't sweat it; most of the members on here aren't bikers either - they're motorcyclists!

The Vegas is a good choice and there are optins for lowered seat and/or lowered suspension that will help make the bike fit you. The 8 ball is less $$ because it has less bling and cheaper paint.

Taking the MSF before you buy is a great idea and could save you a lot if you find the motorcycles are more of a dream than a reality for you. Many people spend 1000's to buy a bike only to have it sit in their garage because they find out their fear of riding in traffic made for an expensive mistake.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Hey!
but the part that would be a deal breaker for me is that my legs are not quite long enough for me to get my left foot under the shifter. If it was just 1.5 or 2 inches back I would have no issue. Is there some kit out there that will do this?

Yes there is also extensions to move the peg forward or backward 2". I put 2" forward because I'm taller but they have the reverse of moving it inward 2". I found mine on ebay but I know victory has them as an accessory. Tell the dealer when you buy and I would have them put it on for you for part of the bike or that is your deal breaker. thumb up

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ammo_umb: Thanks for the greetings! I was told about the lowering kits, but I'm a tad concerned about bottoming out the suspension.

Sman20: Sweet! Thanks for letting me know!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
If you aren't close to the max capacity you should be fine with lowered suspension but if it concerns you then you can always go with a low rider seat.

Another option may be to look at the Judge. It isn't as fancy but the pegs are straight down instead of forward which helps you flatfoot and is much easier to ride for riders with little experiance.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome to the forums.i am new here too.i just purchased zach ness vegas edition and love it.i just got done with the msf course and i can say it is a great class.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ammo_umb: I'm only 155 lbs, so that shouldn't be a problem. Sweet! Thanks so much!

dahc: Congrats on the bike man! I haven't been on a bike since the one time I was taken on a ninja when I was 8 so the MSF course will be a must for me.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Life is too short. Take the class buy a bike. Enjoy. Btw vrod or ducati has center controls for the leg issue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts