Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing worse than getting bee stung, unless it happens while on two wheels doing 60 mph on a curvy county road.

Had one get trapped under my shirt this morning, managed to light me up pretty good (several times) before I could find a place to stop, remove my gloves so I could get my leather off, then my shirt. Bet he passing cagers wondered if I was doing a strip tease.

·
13,247 Posts
wait till you get one up your pant leg doing 60 and no place to pull over. Drop your pants and look at all the stings is best you can do. Lot of horn honking for sure

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I once had a large bumble bee sucked up inside my full face helmet. Slowing down and gently taking it off was one of the worst 3 hours (it seemed) I've spent. Wasps can sting more than once and they are a real problem here this summer. I haven't been nailed yet but both my grandsons received multiple stings and chased half a block when they went looking for the football in the wrong place.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Want on 2 wheels but 18,had a bee fly in my cab and hit in my ear. I wiped the dog around the corner like it was nascar. I was knocking on doors people taught I was a bit odd. I asked if they could look in my ear to find the stinger lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
774 Posts
Caught a giant queen bee about 3/4 inch in diameter in the face shield at 160 mph on my old busa. Splattered all the way down the front of my jacket and all over the tank. Couldn't see anything. Glad it wasn't a pigeon. :ltr::ltr:Not funny

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Just a few weeks ago we were heading to Port Dover for Friday the 13th and being chilly out I had one of those thin under the helmet snowmobile masks on. We were on the Front rd (real twisty) mid turn and a friggen yellow jacket got under my mask by my eye and started to use my face as a pin cushion (stung 6 X's) by the time I had a chance to pull over safely the f**ker was in my ear canal. I looked like friggen Rocky from the movie the Mask (the Cher flick) for the next week...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I thought I was going to die the day I was on a mountain road with a Tracker-Trailer on my butt and we're running 55 and a Black Wasp got until my shirt and started tap-dancing across my chest, you talk about scared...no where to pull off, I couldn't evening slow down, I had to just start beating on my chest in hopes of killing the sucker before he was totally empty...I had three nice red burning bumps on me but I got the sucker..never want that to happen again... A guy told me to start wearing my shirt tail out cause if a bee gets in and can't get out they get ever pissed, I couldn't argue with him on this one.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hope it doesn't happen to me.

I recently went to the ER via ambulance bc of a few yellow jacket stings. Now I carry an epipen.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Had that happen years ago out trail riding when I was a kid. Luckily It was someplace I could stop immediately He hit me in the chest and went down my shirt. Only got me once before I killed him. It would really suck getting one on your face.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Had that happen years ago out trail riding when I was a kid. Luckily It was someplace I could stop immediately He hit me in the chest and went down my shirt. Only got me once before I killed him. It would really suck getting one on your face.
Half my face was a real mess, it sucked. I couldn't pull over for probably 2mins before I slaughtered that little f**ker on the side of the road...

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I was at a red light , in 1st , clutch in , looked left as a yellow jacket stung me on my clutch hand , let go of clutch , stalled bike , swore profusely , rode away.... I was happy that my right foot was firmly planted on the rear brake .thumb up:)

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I was at a red light , in 1st , clutch in , looked left as a yellow jacket stung me on my clutch hand , let go of clutch , stalled bike , swore profusely , rode away.... I was happy that my right foot was firmly planted on the rear brake .thumb up:)
That could've been ugly...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
One of my biggest critter fears.. Getting popped by a bee on the bike.
Second only to a copperhead in the back yard, which I'm very concerned of.

But one little bee can kill your a__ on a bike in a hurry. I can only imagine what fun it'd be with some nasty bee/wasp/hornet nailing you while you're trying to hold it together and come to a stop. For you guys who've had it happen, you've my up most respect and sympathy.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought I was going to die the day I was on a mountain road with a Tracker-Trailer on my butt and we're running 55 and a Black Wasp got until my shirt and started tap-dancing across my chest, you talk about scared...no where to pull off, I couldn't evening slow down, I had to just start beating on my chest in hopes of killing the sucker before he was totally empty...I had three nice red burning bumps on me but I got the sucker..never want that to happen again... A guy told me to start wearing my shirt tail out cause if a bee gets in and can't get out they get ever pissed, I couldn't argue with him on this one.
I took this one right in between my shoulder blades, no way I could just smash it while riding, had to put up with it stinging me until I could get stopped. Got hit 4 times.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
My wife is a nurse and the doctor she works for uses a tazzer to address spider bites, bee stings and it works on snake bites too..it will totally destroy the venom to where it wont swell up and cause you any further problems.My now sonNlaw got biten by a brown recluse or fiddleback whatever you call them where you live.. he went in they tazzered it. all done no further symptoms.. He took his mother one she gardens alot where there are alot of copperheads.. I know he got stung right above his eye and tazzered himself..would have loved to see him do that...

·
Registered
44 Posts
This little bastard went to work on my chest and guts when it flew inside my open jacket on a nice warm day. Lesson learn don't open jacket on a nice warm day. Wondered what the hell was happening at first thought it was static, then the mandatory chest thumping, people must have thought I was nuts behaving like King Kong thumping my chest like a raving nut job as i rode along. Thought I had the prickuntil he went to work again lower down. Pulled him out when I got home and took a pic for prosperity. Then squashed the F%4Ker well and truly.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Crash , how did that bee make it all the way to Australia?:ltr:

·
Registered
149 Posts
FYI, a poultice of wet tobacco on the sting will get rid of the hurts in about one minute. Do not know about the post effects if you are naturally allergic, though.
Regards, Jim

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was a magnet this summer

I was a magnet for stings this summer, and sadly two of the times where on my bike.

The first was leading a small pack of riders, and a wasp made its way into my goggle and stung my temple. It was hard to pull over on a freeway with a group of riders.

The second, three weeks later, was on a short ride with my 8 year old nephew on the back. Played it tough and waited until we reached the destination.

(I was also stung in my fathers back yard in between the first and second biking incidents.

I also had one sneak into my helmet last a couple of weeks ago, but luck me it didn't sting,and when I took my helmet off it flew away. It was a bee that time.

It was weird, because I had not been stun in any way since I was 12 and stepped on a bee.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts