Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I am, stuck 2500 km from home and have spent more time waiting for my refulator rectifying than I have actually riding on this two week trip. I just hope I get home in time to get back to work.

5 going on 6 days waiting for a part.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The solution should be central factory parts distributon with the option of Next Day Air shipment. It should also ship parts to individual customers.

This would be a chance for Polaris corporate to demonstrate customer care.

·
13,242 Posts
dealer should order rider down. then they get part next day

if it was a good dealer he would take one off show floor bike and put it on yours if he was good

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Farmall, I believe it is illegal to use the words "Polaris" and "Customer Care" in the same sentence.

Your only hope in these situations in which you require parts is to have a dealer who realizes this is a business and either has an minimal amount of high turnover parts in stock or is able to use his influence in getting parts expedited.

This is not a problem specific to Victory. Polaris treats all their lines the same after the sale. Fugetaboudit.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm stuck on Vancouver Island.

I paid an extra 50 ( yes that is not a type-o and they wanted 100 for next day but because of where we are and the weekend it would get here the same day). I even asked about the part of a showroom bike, but that was a no.

My home dealer is usually excellent, but I am still really not happy.

They also told me that if I found a part that came sooner by calling other dealers myself ( again- not a type-o), I would still have to pay for the part that may not be here tomorrow.

I have already been practicing for if it is not in tomorrow- sorry, but my postal face is ready.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Action Motorcycles isn't known for the great level of enthusiasm they throw into their work. (You don't say but I'm assuming it's Action which is really a misnomer)

Vancouver Island is pretty much the backwater of Canada. Most things get done when they feel like getting around to them. There's certainly no big city attitude in the little burgs that comes anywhere close to professionalism. I'd say it's just like Mexican time but I don't want to insult the Mexicans.

There aren't too many Vic's around but a half decent dealer should still have some high turnover parts on hand. Without Polaris setting some guidelines related to minimum parts it's a problem you really can't do anything about.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Do the Victory community a favor and name this dealer who is treating you like this. Name, address, phone and contact please.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All fixed except my trust...

I am home. Got the part. Willy's Motorcycle in Nanimo were excellent, very helpful and reasonable rates.

Action did come through, though it took 5 days to get the part, which is not ideal and I had to cut a good chunk of my trip out.

The thing is, I'm not sure if it is all/any of Action's fault, but rather how the distribution is set up. It isn't ideal, and it made me angry that if I owned a certain different brand, I would have been on the road the next day (probably, but I know I would not have been off the road for almost a week).

This does have me questioning what my next bike is going to be.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Good to see you got it fixed! Note that the other brand you are referring to may have got it fixed faster unless it was warranty work. There have been a lot of complaints about dealers sitting on jobs that are getting paid by the warranty because they make a lot less from the work than they do from normal service.

·
Registered
781 Posts
For the benefit of others- My VR also went bad at about 6 months or so of age.

It's all about the dealer. If the dealer is good, and is also in good standing with Polaris- they can obtain parts damn near immediately by contacting their liaison and getting one pulled of the assembly line. They got mine in literally 24 hours. No exaggeration. I would have been thrilled if they got it in 2-3 days. Replaced that and the battery like immediately. It took me longer to go pick it back up than to get the stuff and install.

Now this is NOT to imply that if you busted up something major internally that this would happen, obviously but I think it would and should be the case for critical external components like a bad VR, starter, etc.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Here I am, stuck 2500 km from home and have spent more time waiting for my refulator rectifying than I have actually riding on this two week trip. I just hope I get home in time to get back to work.

5 going on 6 days waiting for a part.
So far I've been very happy with Victory. A few months ago I had my clutch basket explode. At first the parts were on back order, but when the dealership sent in pictures of what happened they pulled the parts and I was back on the road in short order. The dealership worked really hard at getting the part under warranty and me back on the road again. However, the dealer network was my biggest concern about buying a Victory. There aren't a lot of dealerships out there but I guess as long as I have AAA the cost of getting the bike to one is minimal...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts