Registered
483 Posts
Howdy noob! You have a Victory?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’mHowdy noob! You have a Victory?
I’m working on it I just posted I joined to get advice I want a Victory and I’m looking at three bikes. All 2008 two Vegas low and one a kingpin 8-ball. This is my first “big-boy” bike and the wife said don’t screw it up. I just don’t know enough about Victory’s and wanted some advice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m working on it I just posted I joined to get advice I want a Victory and I’m looking at three bikes. All 2008 two Vegas low and one a kingpin 8-ball. This is my first “big-boy” bike and the wife said don’t screw it up. I just don’t know enough about Victory’s and wanted some advice.
The engine and tranny are bullet proof on the vics. You are looking at 2 completely different styled bikes, it's up to you which one you like best. Good luck, let us know which one you bought.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'd go for the Pin but having had one I'm biased. It's just a great looking bike.

You into short rides about town, commuting, long tours, any two up? Figuring out your expectations of the bike will help you make the correct choice.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Kigngpin hands down if they are both the same year, mileage and condition. If you are not knowledgeable about motorcycle mechanicals, get someone who is to check out the bike(s). Frankly, there's not much to go wrong with a Victory, but do give it a good going over to please the wife.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Welcome from Florida! I have never owned or ridden either bike so I can't say either way. Good luck with it!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd go for the Pin but having had one I'm biased. It's just a great looking bike.

You into short rides about town, commuting, long tours, any two up? Figuring out your expectations of the bike will help you make the correct choice.
the longest I will prob ride is 3 hours to a family cabin. I like sitting low and back. I’m not a fan of up right seating. Truth be told I was looking at a Yamaha Stryker originally but found the Victory Vegas and just loved them. Will do some two up. I haven’t had the chance to ride on the kingpin 8 ball. I live in Harley-Davidson country (an hour from the plant) Victory’s are few and far between.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
You live near the MoCo? Al the more reason to ride a Victory. You be the dog and they be the sheep. :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
the longest I will prob ride is 3 hours to a family cabin. I like sitting low and back. I’m not a fan of up right seating. Truth be told I was looking at a Yamaha Stryker originally but found the Victory Vegas and just loved them. Will do some two up. I haven’t had the chance to ride on the kingpin 8 ball. I live in Harley-Davidson country (an hour from the plant) Victory’s are few and far between.
If you're doing two up riding I'd say the KP is the way to go. Yall will enjoy the suspension more on it.

I had a 07 KP Tour and while it was no Vision the wife was certainly good for a three hour ride. I still miss that bike.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Between a Vegas or a King Pin, I'd take a King Pin Tour each and every time for the reasons mentioned above. Have you also considered a Cross Roads or a Cross Country? There are some fantastic deals on those as well.

Stryker huh. Just curious, why that instead of the Raider?

Welcome to the forum forum!

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
I bought my XR new in Feb. of 2010 and am still enthralled with it. I have been riding since 1952 and usually have a country and a city bike, but the XR does both so well, for the first time, I am down to only one bike. In midnight cherry, it garners more compliments than other bikes nearby, even CVO H-Ds. Check out Victory Motorcycles - buy and sell on FB - lots of bikes there.

·
13,183 Posts
Welcome from the fridet white north. jgspidey you should check around for shops that will work on a vic. Yes they need work now and then oil changes fork seals tire. Kingpin might give you and the wife a good one hour ride after that your butts will hurt. The dresser models would be a better choice for a nice ride and long hauls. Do you know how to work on bikes. Ask for owners book checking the oil is tricky if you don't know how.
Good Luck

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
If you know which end of the screwdriver is the handle, you can do all your own maintenance work on a Victory. Ma Vic made our bikes very easy to work on. You have help here and on YouTube, to name just two. Mine has never been in a shop.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Yeah Id take the Kingpin too.
That's why Ive added a Kingpin front end to my Vegas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Between a Vegas or a King Pin, I'd take a King Pin Tour each and every time for the reasons mentioned above. Have you also considered a Cross Roads or a Cross Country? There are some fantastic deals on those as well.

Stryker huh. Just curious, why that instead of the Raider?

Welcome to the forum forum!
the rake of the front wheel. It’s so darn cool!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you know which end of the screwdriver is the handle, you can do all your own maintenance work on a Victory. Ma Vic made our bikes very easy to work on. You have help here and on YouTube, to name just two. Mine has never been in a shop.
awesome I do know how to work a screw drive so rock on! ??. That’s what I want to hear! I’m going to get a look at them this coming weekend. Can’t wait!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thank you honestly the victory community is what won me over. I loved the Victory line but was hesitant because they are no longer being made. But after doing some research that brought me to this place and learning about the bikes. I feel pretty confident if something does for some reason breakdown, I can handle or find out how to ( I’m pretty handy too). Plus they are just bad ass bikes. I also talked to my father in law who by the way is a Harley-Davidson guy. He said if you can get one of those bikes do it, they are amazing. That did it for me. I’m stoked now I just gotta get in my garage...lol!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts