Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while since I posted any new products so here's one that will thrill some and make some say "why". Not judging. I will say if I wore a full-face helmet rider who put some serious miles on my bike per year; I would probably get this simply to put it all in one spot. It would sure clean up the dash on some bikes I've seen pictures of.

NUVIZ. A New Technology To improve Your Riding Experience,

Published by Cyril Huze June 13th, 2017

NUVIZ is the first all-in-one motorcycle Head-Up Display (HUD) with integrated navigation, communication, camera and music in a single device. A New technology to improve your riding experience and frees you of all devices. It’s a compact and intuitive Head-Up Display (HUD) that incorporates all the device functionality you need on your daily ride. It includes navigation, photo and video capture, communication and access to your music. All of this is easily controlled with a wireless controller mounted to your handlebars, allowing you to keep your eyes on the road. Bringing several devices together allows motorcyclist to maintain control without distraction.

-snip- Click HERE to read more. _

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Pretty snazzy.

Skin

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think that is pretty cool. I can see where it would come in handy on long trips.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Call me a Luddite, if you will, but I never feel the need for any of that and I ride in some pretty desolate areas. A paper map, a speedometer and a tach have gotten me by in the 65 years I've been riding. Maybe I don't adapt (or want to adapt) to these types of things very easily, I still won't get a smart phone.
I feel that these devices are too invasive into one's life and a recent segment on CBS 60 Minutes proved me right. Microsoft, Google, et al have developed ways to control your brain so that you will want to pay almost constant attention to you smart phone. I don't want plastic boxes running my life. Maybe that's because I grew up in simpler times and I'm a simple guy who just wants to keep it that way - as much as I can. Click the link and see how your phone owns you....
Hooked on your phone? - CBS News

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think it all depends on whether you allow technology to take over to that degree. I am an IT guy, so technology is my business. Maybe that is why I am able to keep it in perspective. I like the capability of having the new technology available, but I am most certainly not one of the phone zombies I see around me everyday. Technology is a tool, in my opinion, and you can use that tool as you will. I like new shiny tools, and will use them when they are suited for the job I have at hand. I get that things like that aren't for everyone, and to each his own. But there is value there for those that will use it. Managing it is the trick, imho.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
To sum it up....I'm more a Harbor Freight than a Apple Store kinda guy. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I like them both. I spend way way more time at Harbor Freight. Or any tool section of any store, really. It would really not do for me to win the lottery. I would spend so much money on outfitting a shop, it would be ridiculous. Now I just dream of the day.........

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
To sum it up....I'm more a Harbor Freight than a Apple Store kinda guy. :)
There you go... I like that.

I got my very first cell phone when I retired 2 years ago, and 90% of the time it is sitting on my desk beside my keyboard.
I still don't know exactly why I have one and why I pay $47 and only use 50MB per month with it.
I think it is for my wifes peace of mind while I am out riding... either that or it is a simple way for her to call and say "Pick up supper on your way home". :laugh

But I digress...

Since I wear a full face helmet most of the time, this one would be cool to have.
I would not use half the stuff most of the time, but when you do want it it is there.
I would try it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts