Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted in wrong forum initially, hopefully admin will delete other one...

Along with a few other states, NY motorcycle plates have a odd license plate hole location. I believe most plate holes top to bottom OC are 2 3/4", where NY has a 3" OC distance.

Has anyone (in NY) found decent plate frames that allow using that NY hole alignment for all 4 screws?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Call some of the local bike shops. NY is a big place so I imagine someone is making some money from them. Barring that, drill your plates to whatever cover frame you like.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Call some of the local bike shops. NY is a big place so I imagine someone is making some money from them. Barring that, drill your plates to whatever cover frame you like.
i agree. If the plate frame I am using doesn't fit I have drilled the holes where needed. When they change the color or design of the plates again I just do the same again with the new one. I hope someone has a site to find what you need.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I wouldn't sweat it. Just drill new jokes in the plate.

·
Registered
537 Posts
no luck in all my years riding... redrill is pretty much the only option. luckily the frame usually hides the extra holes...
that is if you can keep your plate together for more than half a riding season.. had my hammer for over 4 years and i usually end up going through 2 plates in a season because they all stress crack in half.. NY is good about having cheap ass plates. never had this problem when it was the stamped metal plates.. ever since we went to just the painted aluminum crap, regardless of the bike, its always gotten stress cracks and breaks around the top mounting holes.
stupid NY...:mad:

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
no luck in all my years riding... redrill is pretty much the only option. luckily the frame usually hides the extra holes...
that is if you can keep your plate together for more than half a riding season.. had my hammer for over 4 years and i usually end up going through 2 plates in a season because they all stress crack in half.. NY is good about having cheap ass plates. never had this problem when it was the stamped metal plates.. ever since we went to just the painted aluminum crap, regardless of the bike, its always gotten stress cracks and breaks around the top mounting holes.
stupid NY...:mad:
I went through 2 plates in a week when I first got my Hammer. First one fell off, and the second one stress cracked and was hanging off! The third one I smoothed and deburred the mounting holes. It's holding on so far.
Re: the OP, I also had to trim my plate to fit the plate frame.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts