Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

this time next week I'll be headed down with the gang to kickstart the season at the International Motorcycle Show at the Javitz Center. Last year I got a pic with Gunny at the Victory booth. I wonder if he's going to be there this year?

http://www.motorcycleshows.com/new-york

thumb up cheers thumb up​

·
Registered
634 Posts
Zach Ness and Gunny both were there last year. Missed them as I went on Friday. This year, the 15th Ann. bike will be announced on Fri. Going with a group on Fri. again.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My wife and I are planning on hopping on the train Saturday morning for a trip to the city. Our main goal is the show and something to eat. We've never been to the bike show there , looking forward to it.:)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well Ct there is a few good places fairly close to the Javits Center. All depends on how much you want to spend. Within walking distance there is plenty to eat. Two weeks ago I had a $60 steak around the corner from Uncle Charlies, supposed to be some TV Chef's place. I got pushed to go there and it wasn't any better than a $20 outback steak house. But there is a cool Bar / Pub called Scallywags its an irish pub at 508 9th Ave. New York, NY 10018 and it had a full menu and reasonable prices. The owner / barkeep Mike is good people.

The show its good sized for sure. But you want to get in EARLY and out early. It gets crowded early. Last year we were swamped by 12 - 1 and headed back out by 3.

It blows away the Hartford and Springfield Shows for sure.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks for the info, Maybe we'll try the Pub. It's been awhile since I had a good Guinness!cheers

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah good place, and the Guinness really flows! I heard they have good wings and steaks. I'll find out for sure on Saturday. thumb up

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hoping to make it down this year. How is it on Sunday?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Trashman,

Sundays are good too. Seems Sat Afternoon is the craziest.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Gotta work till 2pm on Saturday. Not sure if its worth it by then.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well what did everyone think? I went in at opening on Saturday and it was good till about 3 pm then it was PACKED!! You couldn't walk comfortably or see the bikes that were on display. I missed Gunny this time but I did see him last year. I did get a picture with the Playboy Bunnies at the Vic booth though :) thumb up

·
Registered
634 Posts
I thought the show was smaller than in the past. Managed to see and hear the Burt Munroe Worlds Fastest Indian bike. Spent some time at the Indian display and the Victory display which I thought was well attended and staffed.
There was nothing really new. Like in the Past when the Vision was unveiled. Or the year the Ducati Diavel was introduced.
Nontheless, the show was good. Lots of people there and we got to eat good food in Little Italy. All in all, a good day. :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice sounds like a good time. I spent sometime in the Indian booth too, nice layout and loved the All military Polaris quad that was cool. They had a good crowd when I was there too.

I did see the new Honda F6B, its a Goldwing chopped to be a bagger. That was different.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts