Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do these things just "pull" straight out ? I've tried that on the front cylinder and the thing wont budge..... I'm afraid to pull too hard on the end of the connector.... don't want to destroy it in the process. Also, what has anyone who has done this done with the loose wires after removal ?? Zip-tie them back on themselves ??

Hate to mess with the bike really, but the popping is driving me nuts. I just had the 500 mile service and just as Kevinx said.... nothing can be done with the A/F mapping with the closed loop system. Crazy thing..... I talked the sales guy into letting me ride the 2010 demo with the swept pipes that I first rode again. I rode it pretty hard, and it barely back-fired at all.... shifted WAY smoother than mine too. Just seems crazy that there would be that much of a difference from bike to bike. Strangely, he didn't think much of my idea of a motor/tranny swap with my '09.... lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks again Kevinx

Much appreciated ..... this site is wonderful having knowledgable individuals answering questions for those of us who aren't quite so knowledgable. thumb up lol

I will find the actual connectors and give that a try. Should I dissconnect the battery to allow the system to "re-boot" after the o2 removal ??.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Much appreciated ..... this site is wonderful having knowledgable individuals answering questions for those of us who aren't quite so knowledgable. thumb up lol

I will find the actual connectors and give that a try. Should I dissconnect the battery to allow the system to "re-boot" after the o2 removal ??.
Diso the battery is a yes

·
Registered
243 Posts

how about posting back after you remove the sensors and let all the rest of us know the results ?

thanks

steve

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sooooooooo much better.

Finally had a chance to take my '09 out for a good run...... rain has been real pain in the a** around here. Once again, Kevinx comes through......... "popping" on decel has been significantly reduced. I still had a couple of light pops here and there, but NOTHING like it was before. Amazing when something simple yields such great results. Although I would point out that from what I have seen, there seems to be some noticible differences from bike to bike.... like I said before, the 2010 Vegas I rode (twice) with the same pipes hardly backfired at all...... with the plugs connected. :confused:

I wound up removing the battery completely..... you really can't disconnect the positive cable with it still in the bike (the bandit seat was in the way). I then just disconnected the connectors (down the wires from the actual plugs) and I also covered the ends with electrical tape and then "zip tied" them back onto themselves or other wires that were close. You can't see anything hanging loose.... very clean.

This site and the folks on it are fantastic. Thanks again KevinX thumb up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts