Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
It'll run a bit richer, that's all. How about completing your profile and a signature? Help us so we can help you.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
If I unplug my o2s won't it throw a code and how will that affect the engine
I think that if unplugging O2 sensors threw a code, not too many folks would recommend it.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
No it won't throw a code... at least it didn't on mine.
I even have a video on how I unplugged mine.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
The ECM is pretty stupid on these bikes. If you unplug them both; it has nothing to compare against, and does not trigger a CEL. If you only unplug one it sees a problem
Well that's a relief. I'm not alone. My ECM is stupid too. All that's left is to determine who is stupider and I have my suspicions.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Tim, looks like you have a cross bike. Is it stock? if so then try unplugging and ride for a day. See how it runs after an hour or 50 miles or so. If it starts to pop and spit and act like it doesn't like having them unplugged then plug'em back up.

Some here leave then unplugged with no issues. Others have had issues and plugged them back in.

Like Kevin said....."these ECM's are pretty stupid" Listen to this guy he knows what he's talking about as you will see as you venture deeply into this forum and other Vic forums.

Happy riding to you. Enjoy the Vic.

·
Super Moderator
4,941 Posts
Well that's a relief. I'm not alone. My ECM is stupid too. All that's left is to determine who is stupider and I have my suspicions.
:ltr: :ltr:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies I'm trying to figure out how to update my profile,I have a 13xc with stage 1 tri oval pipes & Lloyds timing set.I have a son in MA. Maritime Academy so not much money for upgrades right now but love the bike, again thanks for the replies

·
Registered
636 Posts
Does running richer mean slightly cooler by chance?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts