Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

Currently I have my o2 sensors totally removed from my machine. I went a step further than unplugging them and pulled them from the headpipe and plugged the port/bung with some plugs from the local exhaust joint. I currently got stock air and exhaust.

I am going to wrap the headpipes of my xc very soon. My question is - if I add a power commander (or other brand) down the road do I need to have my o2 sensors hooked up? I would love to keep the headpipes plugged up and wrap right over top to keep that real clean look in the engine area.

Thanks big time in advance.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Some fuel control tuners use the O2 sensors and some don't. I think Lloydz VFCIII doesn't but the PCV w/AT does. It's the Auto Tune part of it that uses the sensors; not the PC.

Most of the Dobeck style tuners don't use the sensors unless there has been a change recently. If that's the case; just use the previous generation to tune with.

·
Registered
263 Posts
As far as I know, the only thing you would be precluding yourself from getting would be the Autotune option as it depends on having a bung for it's wideband O2 sensors in order to function. I hope you're not rejecting closed loop systems out of hand just because Victory's implementation of it isn't so great. When you have a closed loop system that really works like the Autotune it's a real thing of beauty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts