Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07' Kingpin Tour "stock". My son has 05' stage 1 slip-ons from a 05' Hammer he wants to give me. I plan to get a K/N filter or better suggestion?
Is the Stage 1 upgrade just a chip, or do I have to have the shop put my bike on the computer to tune it in. Is that the "Mapping"? I have never cleaned my thottle bodies since I only have 3000 on the bike. I planned to do this all at the same time. I also have access to a 05" I think stage 1 chip from a Hammer, are they all the same?
One last thing. With this Tour, I take it that I just have to start digging from the back and go foward taking the tour box, passenger seat etc. to get to the throttle bodies?
I don't claim to be a bike mechanic obviously. If it is fasable to do these things myself in an ordinary garage with ordinary tools, I'm not afraid to try.
I like my stock pipes, but my sons keep telling me to start my engine when we stop at traffic lights.
All advice welcomed. tom

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you gentlemen! It looks like I am back to begging G ma' for the cash. I will save on the slip-ons anyway.
Is there a preferred air filter to K/N that would still balance with the slip-ons ? I want to be as happy as I can get with this upgrade. If not, don't reply. I appreciate your advice / knowledge.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you gentlemen! It looks like I am back to begging G ma' for the cash. I will save on the slip-ons anyway.
Is there a preferred air filter to K/N that would still balance with the slip-ons ? I want to be as happy as I can get with this upgrade. If not, don't reply. I appreciate your advice / knowledge.
S&S or PMRT. S&S comes with it's owm map. PMRT may require a third party fuel controller. Most people really like the S&S and the extra umph they get with it.
Find it here http://www.lloydz.com/store/item_view.asp?estore_itemid=1000057

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm new to this stuff so help me out here. I was thinking of possibly taking a pair of stock mufflers and cutting them apart and modifying them to open them up. so if i did this & then take it to the dealer would he be able to custom tune the bike or is the remapping a reprogram that is specific the stage one system:confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.