Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm in the market for some riding glasses, I usually ride with my sunglasses, I wear Oakley fives squared and I love my Oakley fit. I can't stand a pair of glasses that aren't comfortable and aren't my style. I am also the type of person that doesn't like to change what works and Oakley works for me. My question is do the Oakley riding glasses have the foam on the back of the frame to protect my eyes from dust, debris and wind? I haven't seen but a few pictures of their glasses but I'm not certain who to look to as a vendor to find what I want. Anyone help?

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I don't have any experience with Oakley riding glasses, but I would recommend looking at Wiley-X (http://www.wileyx.com/MOTORCYCLE/index.aspx). I have a few pairs and love them. Look for their "Ballistic Certified" glasses and also the ones with "Removable Facial Cavity Seals." They supply our military with eye protection, and their motorcycle glasses have lens that exceed ANSI Z87.1-2003 High Velocity Impact Safety & Optical Standards.

·
13,231 Posts
wileyx is the olny thing to wear in the sun. Get the ones that match your paint color

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wileyx is the olny thing to wear in the sun. Get the ones that match your paint color
The trouble is that I haven't seen much variety from Wileyx....or I'm just looking in tbd wrong place?

·
13,231 Posts
Ok, so I'm in the market for some riding glasses, I usually ride with my sunglasses, I wear Oakley fives squared and I love my Oakley fit. I can't stand a pair of glasses that aren't comfortable and aren't my style. I am also the type of person that doesn't like to change what works and Oakley works for me. My question is do the Oakley riding glasses have the foam on the back of the frame to protect my eyes from dust, debris and wind? I haven't seen but a few pictures of their glasses but I'm not certain who to look to as a vendor to find what I want. Anyone help?
If you have Oakleys now don't you know if they come with foam or can get them with foam. I think your a fake

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you have Oakleys now don't you know if they come with foam or can get them with foam. I think your a fake
Fake??? WTF is that supposed to mean? I wear Oakley sunglasses everyday, I've never owned a pair of their riding glasses but I've done a bit more research and they do have what I'm looking for. It's called the wind jacket. Thanks for the smartass remark though, did it help you get your quota in for tbd day or do you have a few left on your agenda?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Been an Oakley guy for years. The Twenty works most of the time, but I have found the Military Version is the best riding/safety glasses. It is a lot like Wiley X military, but fit me a lot better. Never could get Wiley to "seal" around my face. I got mine from the Flea bay NIB for around $80 with case, cleaner, clear and gray lens, cloth and secure strap. Military grade shooting glasses, so no bug ain't gonna get thru. ;) Be patient--deals are out there. They also make a HELO add on that seals to your face (made for rotary wing guys who deal with wind and dust)--do a search.

https://www.oakleysi.com/Product_Category.cfm?id=14

Just works better for me. I never could get the foam to work---always leaked air no matter what I did.

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
I use sunglasses style tinted safety glasses daytime, and if going any decent speed pull my WW1 Aviator flying goggles down from my helmet and over my sunnies, At night just the aviator goggles.
When used with a leather facemask if its cold and/or wet, they can fog up a bit if I'm not moving, cool once Im back on the move though.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Goggles and a leather face mask?!? You could be an extra in a Mad Max movie! And you just happen to be in the part of the world where it would be shot!

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, I'm leaning toward the wind jacket Oakley glasses. I think they'll be ok for me and the over all shape isn't incredibly different than my Fives Squared. My Matco dealer is also a Oakley dealer so I may try getting them from him.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Cross Tour stock windshield. Nary a teardrop, no swapping and I always know where it is.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Never cared for the foam. Having said that I believe Rudy project and Oakley have the best lenses in the country.

I wear Rudy project for shooting, bicycle and safety glasses.
Oakley Pittbull for daytime motorcycle and 7eye at night. Both are fairly tight to my face and only allow enough air to keep them from fogging

My reading glasses are Oakley with the grey photo chromatic lenses

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Now was that necessary? :rolleyes: :ltr:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Fake??? WTF is that supposed to mean? I wear Oakley sunglasses everyday, I've never owned a pair of their riding glasses but I've done a bit more research and they do have what I'm looking for. It's called the wind jacket. Thanks for the smartass remark though, did it help you get your quota in for tbd day or do you have a few left on your agenda?
He didn't mean it JP. His script just ran out. :crzy:
Too funny though, still laughing today.:ltr:

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Goggles and a leather face mask?!? You could be an extra in a Mad Max movie! And you just happen to be in the part of the world where it would be shot!
An extra ! ammo_umb, .....mate, I'd be the star!:D

Attachments

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He didn't mean it JP. His script just ran out. :crzy:
Too funny though, still laughing today.:ltr:
It's all good, I just thought it was an unnecessary smartass comment completely irrelevant to the Subject

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've used 7-eye for years, same model, prescription lenses that change with the sun. I've been able to have the lenses replaced without issue. They have several models.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
An extra ! ammo_umb, .....mate, I'd be the star!:D
lol...doesn't the bad guy on the motorcycle in the Mad Max movies always die a horrible death?

...for that matter, doesn't almost everyone besides Max himself die a horrible death?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts