Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer, I rode over to my friend's house about 8 miles away. 20-30 minutes later, I started it up and it would NOT hold idle. It wavered between 500-1000 rpms and eventually would die.

I pulled into a gas station to check for anything obvious and there was nothing. I fired it up after it sat for about 15-20 minutes and bam... ran flawlessly.

Fast forward 8-9 months. I ride out to Roanoke Rapids NC (~900 miles), spend the weekend out there and make my way back home. Around 400 miles into the journey, I go to fire it up and the EXACT same problem occurs. I shut down the bike and again look for anything obvious. Just like last time, nothing and just like last time, I fire it up after 15-20 minutes and runs the rest of the 500 miles home without a hitch.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
13,247 Posts
sounds like a bad relay. It only happens when hot I take it.
So if the relays are cold they would check out good.
For the hell of it with a 10mm wrench check battery bolts to see if there tight. No a hand will not do it

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like a bad relay. It only happens when hot I take it.
So if the relays are cold they would check out good.
For the hell of it with a 10mm wrench check battery bolts to see if there tight. No a hand will not do it
Cables are good... Wonder which relay would cause this? The bike has been HOT many times and never causes this. It's very hit and miss

1 - 3 of 3 Posts