Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
XC acts like its not in the gear completly while hard on the throttle passing or just playing around mainly 3-4th 4-5th. At first I thought it was me not getting it completly in gear. Then one time it acted up I tried to completly let the throttle close and open it back up in the same gear and it ran as it should. Done this prolly about a half dozen times, don't really want to take it to the dealer as it is a intermittent problem that they probably would ever get to act up, but the bike is getting closer to the 1st year every day. Watcha think :confused:

·
Registered
573 Posts
What year is your bike?

I seem to recall several threads about trans issues on the 2010 model, and I understand that Victory redesigned the trans for 2011. If you have a 2010, you might try doing a search on this forum.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
XC acts like its not in the gear completly while hard on the throttle passing or just playing around mainly 3-4th 4-5th. At first I thought it was me not getting it completly in gear. Then one time it acted up I tried to completly let the throttle close and open it back up in the same gear and it ran as it should. Done this prolly about a half dozen times, don't really want to take it to the dealer as it is a intermittent problem that they probably would ever get to act up, but the bike is getting closer to the 1st year every day. Watcha think :confused:
Sounds more like a Fuel to Air mixture problem. Some of my friends that have made mods to there engines or Intake and Exhaust have had this happen to them. I would say it was closer to acting like the Rev limiter was kicking in, but it turned out to be they were running to lean, and bike was surginging, especially when they were getting on the throttle hard, and trying to cruise at high speeds.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bikes a 2011 runs very well thru the gears 99% of the time its manly when shifting down to pass a line of cars and then going back up through the gears. If I shift it up a gear its fine or if I close the throttle and open it back up in the same gear its fine. The feeling is like your at 1000 rpm and the motor is just lugged way down even though she should be up around 3500-4000 rpm.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Try disconnecting the O² sensors and removing the air intake seal/lip. Also, you forgot to mention if your bike is fully stock or if there are any mods in place.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Did you do an oil change recently?

Sounds more like the clutch slipping than engine surging.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
O2's are disconected, RPW's, Vitory Filter, Air seal removed, VFC III,
Green 1, Yellow 3.5, Red 0, Green 0, Yellow 3.5, Blue 4. Oil Changed 3,00 miles ago. Prolly done it 3-4 times in the 3000 miles. Does this when i'm by melself about 190 pounds, or 2 up, 400 lbs roughly. Does not do it every time ], in fact its fairly seldom but when it does it takes me by suprise.

·
Premium Member
13,165 Posts
I have that happen occasionally. Maybe 6 times in 7500 miles. I pull in the clutch, release the throttle, and pick it back up at whatever speed I'm going and it's all good again. I'm pretty sure it's running lean for whatever reason when it does that. Almost like the EFI didn't keep up somehow. It has only happened when getting on it hard and even then; rarely.

I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have that happen occasionally. Maybe 6 times in 7500 miles. I pull in the clutch, release the throttle, and pick it back up at whatever speed I'm going and it's all good again. I'm pretty sure it's running lean for whatever reason when it does that. Almost like the EFI didn't keep up somehow. It has only happened when getting on it hard and even then; rarely.

I wouldn't worry about it.
Yup thats what my symptoms are, I don't even clutch it just snap the throttle shut and pick it back up everythings fine then. About the same thing here just rolled 7300 miles probalbly happend about 6 times or so now. Might tell the dealer just to have it noted, never know what they may come up with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts