Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife decided to get her MC license to ride beside me instead of behind and we are now shopping for a bike. Being vertically challenged at 5’3” she doesn’t fit on any of the 106 or 100 vics. My ’15 CC or ‘06 Hammer are both a no go. She sat on an Octane said it was better but is still not as comfortable as the Indian Scout. Doing some research online I found the Scout has a 3.5” wide rear tire while the Octane has a 4.5”. I am assuming with the bigger tire on the octane’s frame is wider? I know that Vic made a reduced reach seat, but the dealer that has the Octane doesn’t have one in stock to try. Thought of buying a seat online and taking it to the dealer to test out.

Does anyone on this forum have any knowledge they can share? Can the bike be lowered any??

·
Registered
483 Posts
Most all bikes can be lowered in some way.

Victory also made a few models with a Low designation meaning it sat lower than the same model came standard.

Getting the seat shaved down could help some and depending on the bike a lower link. That could drop it around three inches I would guess.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
A seat customizer is always the way togo IMO. That way, you get it tailored to your butt.
If I was in your shoes, I'd go the Scout route, mainly due to service and parts availability, not to mention accessories. The Octane would be the orphans of orphans.

·
12,984 Posts
The Octane and Scout both have the same seat height. Like Ricz said go with the Scout. Who cares about how big the tire is its what she can handle the best. Extended Seat is for a tall rider. It moves you Back 2 inches makes foot controls farther away

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FYI - Here is the seat I was looking at. It moves the rider 1" forward and a little lower. It is a reduced reach not extended as the thread started referencing. https://leadersrpmshop.com/victory-new-oem-motorcycle-reduced-reach-seat-octane-2880252/

One of my questions may have gotten muddle up the in the replies. Comparing specs for the Scout and Octane shows the octane with a 1" wider back wheel. Does anyone know is the Octane frame width is wider than the Scout?

I was leaning towards the Octane due to price difference. Sounds like I should just bite the bullet and get her the Scout.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you everyone who gave input. Found a used Octane with 3,000 miles for $5600 couldn't pass it up. Got a reduced reach seat and set of highway bars from Vic of Mesa at 50% off and my better half logged 50 miles on it last night for her first day of riding.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
483 Posts
Thank you everyone who gave input. Found a used Octane with 3,000 miles for $5600 couldn't pass it up. Got a reduced reach seat and set of highway bars from Vic of Mesa at 50% off and my better half logged 50 miles on it last night for her first day of riding.

That sounds great!

How's it fitting her?

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
We had a bunch of leftover Octane stuff here at one time, then it flew out of here. I vaguely remember the seats, to me they looked a lot like scout seats but I can confirm that. The same but different but that is all I can say.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Victory made reduced reach parts for the Octane that are available for a fraction of what they wanted for them before they closed up shop. Search for the following parts:

Reduced reach handlebars
p/n 2880155-658

Reduced reach control brackets
p/n 2880250-658

I didn't look too hard but I saw on Amazon the bars were going for $90 and the control brackets for $50 (they were $150 EACH before they closed). Pretty inexpensive to make the misses more comfortable and safe.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
There is an octane on FB Victory Motorcycles buy sell and trade that has the glossy black finish and the owner has loaded it to the gunwales with good stuff. The price s very fair for an Octane like this that has only 352 miles on the clock!
Here's a photo so you'll know what to scroll down to in the 2nd link:
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/q84/p180x540/41841650_10214789679248921_6735095064768282624_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f3c54fdcb7bada5422c9b714661eb0d5&oe=5C23FB8D
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/groups/?multi_permalinks=1803254793044433,1803180199718559,1803157633054149,1803113429725236&notif_id=1537222071262992&notif_t=group_activity

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We had a bunch of leftover Octane stuff here at one time, then it flew out of here. I vaguely remember the seats, to me they looked a lot like scout seats but I can confirm that. The same but different but that is all I can say.
Fyi. The scout and Octane seats are not interchangable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts