Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I know there has been multiple threads about the tailight wiring for aftermarket LED lights but I've hit a dead end, I'm an amateur at wiring. I tried following the diagram that I got from another thread but my light still doesn't function the way I want it to. I bought an integrated LED strip with the running brake, brake, and blinkers. Also a license plate cover with a built in running light. I tried using a 6 ohm resistor and it still wouldn't work properly, either blinking too fast, blinkers constantly glowing, front blinkers and rear aren't synched etc. Do I need a higher ohm resistor? Higher watt resistor? Splitter? Something I'm missing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I know there has been multiple threads about the tailight wiring for aftermarket LED lights but I've hit a dead end, I'm an amateur at wiring. I tried following the diagram that I got from another thread but my light still doesn't function the way I want it to. I bought an integrated LED strip with the running brake, brake, and blinkers. Also a license plate cover with a built in running light. I tried using a 6 ohm resistor and it still wouldn't work properly, either blinking too fast, blinkers constantly glowing, front blinkers and rear aren't synched etc. Do I need a higher ohm resistor? Higher watt resistor? Splitter? Something I'm missing? View attachment 253181 View attachment 253182 View attachment 253183
Did you ever get this wiring figured out, also putting an integrated turn signal on the rear and can’t seem to get it working properly. Either one side works, or the entire bar flashes regardless of which turn signal is activated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you ever get this wiring figured out, also putting an integrated turn signal on the rear and can’t seem to get it working properly. Either one side works, or the entire bar flashes regardless of which turn signal is activated.
No I still didn't figure it out. I kind of let it go until I get an answer

·
Registered
2 Posts

simple fix, wire these in exactly how the directions state and they work perfectly. The octane and newer Indians are non traditional wiring in that the turn signals use a switching ground rather than a traditional switching 12v power source. These converters allow you to use any aftermarket that uses traditional wiring.

hope this helps, it had me stumped for a while until I stumbled on these. Glad I didn’t start cutting into the harness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I have not. My LED bar came with 5 wires. I feel like it should come with 6

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

simple fix, wire these in exactly how the directions state and they work perfectly. The octane and newer Indians are non traditional wiring in that the turn signals use a switching ground rather than a traditional switching 12v power source. These converters allow you to use any aftermarket that uses traditional wiring.

hope this helps, it had me stumped for a while until I stumbled on these. Glad I didn’t start cutting into the harness.
Thank you so much! I placed them on order

1 - 6 of 6 Posts